Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ATV Plow  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Need to buy a plow for my 2009 Honda Foreman. What's everyone running? I spotted one and it came with a universal mounting bracket...are those okay or should I find one specific to my ATV? My parents newer polaris ATV's come pre-rigged to support a plow and it's very simple to use but I don't "think" my '09 honda has that.

I'll have a pretty long drive to plow...probably over a hundred yards. It's also fairly narrow which should make things interesting in heavy snow years. I'd like a snow thrower for the ATV but those puppies are spendy!

Any other tidbits on buying or using a plow? minimum size? I found am adjustable blade up to 60" which I think will be good.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/kolpin-atv-switchblade-plow-system/0000000278369?Ntt=101006161&msclkid=49acc2574b46155cee75a69ce622a8d1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing%20-%20Shopping%20-%20Near%20Store%20-%20Catch%20All&utm_term=4582077287914429&utm_content=Catch%20All
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ive a 2022 can am 850. Thought abot getting a plow. But dont wanna beat it up. Id get product specific. I also pay to have mine plowed
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
When plowing start the winter going super wide.  Once it gets hard it's nearly impossible to move it.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a 2011 Grizzly 550 & a long driveway, almost 600'. We push the snow to the edges & then use our Berco-mac that's on our Husqvarna to blow it into the woods. Slow & easy with the plow is our M.O. if it's very deep and/or wet & heavy. I'm not sure what brand it is but I'll look.
« Last Edit: August 08/04/23, 12:00:34 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got mine at Cabelas years ago and fit right on my wheeler.  It is brand specific.  Came right to my door. Works great.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Do not buy a universal. Get one with a mount made for your machine.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Do not buy a universal. Get one with a mount made for your machine.

2nd that
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours is a Kolpin & mounts to a plate on the bottom of the frame with just a couple small pins.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I also have a Kolpin on a Honda.  We put a 6” rubber extender along the top edge.  Also get rid of your standard cable on your winch.  After a few dozen times going in and out you will fight with that.   Aviation cable works much better.   

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How about Kevlar rope? That’s what’s on there now. I may pull the rope off in the winter and spool on webbing????🤷‍♂️
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our neighbor has a "winch rope" on his Polaris that looks to be mostly polyester to me. He doesn't use it a lot to plow but it he moves his Floe vertically lift for his 20' Ranger with it without any problems & it's a beast.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We still have the OEM cable on our winch & no issues here.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Same here.  Have broke it at the end a few times but now I just don't lift it all of the way up so won't break.  The rope will break too if you raise it too far. 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I have rope on mine, like it. I use it to pull the dock and lift in and for the plow.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Same here.  Have broke it at the end a few times but now I just don't lift it all of the way up so won't break.  The rope will break too if you raise it too far. 
We have 1 of these on ours. https://www.amazon.com/Winch-Stopper-Saver-Synthetic-Cable/dp/B0164MLA6U/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=atv+winch+stopp