Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How to Post a Picture  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
It's actually simpler than one may think.  There are 2 basic ways to do this.  I'll go over both, and let you decide which way is best for you.

Easy way:

1. Type up your post as normal.
2. When you are ready to post a picture, locate it on your pc.
3. Click on "Additional Options" below.
4. Click on "Browse"
5. Find your picture, click on it, then "open".
6. Click "post", and there ya go! 

Another way:

1. Start up an account on an image hosting service such as photobucket.
2. Upload your pictures.
3. Type up your post here on MNO as normal.
4. On Photobucket copy the IMG Code.
5. Paste the IMG Code to your post.
6. Highlight the IMG Code
7. Click on the "insert image" icon above (2nd row, 2nd from the left)
8. Click "Post" when finished.

Either way will work for you! 

Some hints:

*When you post a classified ad, put pictures with your post.  Not only is it more appealing, easier for the potential buyer to see it, but I believe it will sell faster vs. being told to "e-mail me for a picture". 

*By using the "easy way" your picture is limited to 150kb in size, that's why I like to use an image host.

*There are many free image hosts out there, Photobucket just happens to be the one I use.  Google "image host" for more sites.

*If you have any problems or questions, feel free to ask me or any staff member.  We'll be glad to help!  (That's what we're here for!)  ;)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
when are the updates to the site going to be done ?
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
To upload pictures from your computer, usually located in the My Documents or My Pictures folder on your computer, follow these instructions.

1. Go to www.Photobucket.com and register for a free account.

2. Click on: My Album

3. You should see in the middle of page a window that says: Upload to: (your username)

4. Click on: BROWSE in middle of box. This should open another window with the photos that are on your computer to choose from.

5. Click on the picture you want to upload.

6. Click OPEN and this will put that filename into the top of the 3 links on the photobucket window you have open. If you click on that top link on photobucket, you can change the name of the file before you upload it.

7. Click on UPLOAD and the picture will be added to your photobucket gallery.

8. If you want to resize the picture for your AVATAR or a THUMBNAIL, just click on the picture from your album at bottom of page. It opens the picture full size.

9. From here, you can choose the size you want to resize it to by clicking RESIZE above the picture and it walks your through the final steps on photobucket.

To get that pic back onto MNO, follow these last easy steps (compliments of Prof Woody)

1. Type up your post here on MNO as normal.
2. Go back to your photobucket window where you uploaded and resized your pic.
3. On Photobucket copy the IMG Code underneath the pic you want to put on your MNO post.
4. Paste the IMG Code into your post.
5. Highlight the IMG Code
6. Click on the "insert image" icon above (2nd row, 2nd from the left)
7. Click "Post" when finished.
« Last Edit: April 04/15/07, 09:12:25 PM by Outdoors_Realtree »
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 i tried,  must be all thumbs .  i will need help .. i guess   lol 
member  # 569

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
I streamlined these instructions a little bit. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me and I can walk you through it.....Outdoors_Realtree

To upload pictures from your computer, usually located in the My Documents or My Pictures folder on your computer, follow these instructions.

1. Go to www.Photobucket.com and register for a free account.

2. Click on: My Album

3. You should see in the middle of page a window that says: Upload to: (your username)

4. Click on: BROWSE in middle of box. This should open another window with the photos that are on your computer to choose from.

5. Click on the picture you want to upload.

6. Click OPEN and this will put that filename into the top of the 3 links on the photobucket window you have open. If you click on that top link on photobucket, you can change the name of the file before you upload it.

7. Click on UPLOAD and the picture will be added to your photobucket gallery.

8. If you want to resize the picture for your AVATAR or a THUMBNAIL, just click on the picture from your album at bottom of page. It opens the picture full size.

9. From here, you can choose the size you want to resize it to by clicking RESIZE above the picture and it walks your through the final steps on photobucket.

To get that pic back onto MNO, follow these last easy steps (compliments of Prof Woody)

1. Type up your post here on MNO as normal.
2. Go back to your photobucket window where you uploaded and resized your pic.
3. On Photobucket copy the IMG Code by LEFT CLICKING THE IMG CODE LINK underneath the pic you want to put on your MNO post. A yellow box should pop up briefly that says COPIED.
4. Paste the IMG Code into your post where you want the picture to be.
5. Click "Post" when finished. Your picture should now be in your MNO post.

If you have any problems with this, please feel free to pm me and I will get back to ya as soon as I can.

[/size]
« Last Edit: April 04/18/07, 11:23:33 AM by Outdoors_Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman