Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A Proud Dad!!!  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well this evening we ventured out! It was myself, my 2 year old daughter and Grandpa. We went to Forest Lake in search of sunnies! We were fishing from shore and using waxworms and a small hook. I have never shorefished up on Forest so it was all new to me and didn't even know if we could find a good spot. We drove around and found a boat launch so we decided to try there. Casted out and nothing! When have you ever casted a hook and waxie out there and not caught a sunfish! Oh well...we went to the next spot. I knew we were in luck because as soon as I stepped onto the dock I saw a bunch of Fishy's! Yeah....fishy's...that is what I call them now ;D Anyways it didn't take long and we had one hooked! Well now it was time to let the little girl reel one in! She is a pro! I think we can almost officially call it her 1st fish!!! I only have 10 days to get this girl in shape for the opener! Maybe she'll sit this one out but it won't be long. Anyways, we had a good time even though it was short. Caught a few more and then played around. I knew we weren't going to have much luck when she dumped all the waxworms into the lake ;) Good Times...I think I have a partner in the making!

I will post pics tomorrow am ;D

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Mayfly, sounds like you had a blast, and I bet your daughter did too!..You should be a Proud Dad, there is nothing more fun than teaching your kids how to fish, except for when the day comes and you find out that they actually love it as much as you do!  That is such a rewarding feeling!  My husband and I took our three little ones (4,5 & 6 yr olds) fishing last weekend up in Garrison.  We just shore fished a couple of creeks, but they had a blast catching some sunnies, and one nasty looking dog fish!  When I figure out how to post pictures I will try to put them on here.  And I must say my daughter is quite a "natural"..must take after her Mom!!  ;)  Thanks for sharing with us!  Take Care  Renee aka GirlGuide

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
That's cool Tim, no matter what they do out there, including dumping the waxies in the water, as long as they have fun, that's the only thing that matters. ;D

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Toddlers rule!  Too fun!  I have a 4 YO nephew.  Always an adventure on the water (or land).  They have the attention span of a 90 year old and a pretty girl Minus George Burns). 

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
80 years from now my Daughter will look back at these picture as the beginning of a life filled with fishing with her Dad! ;D

We made history yesterday!

Dad I got a big one!!!

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That is absolutely adorable!!!!!!! Doesn't get much better then that! when she gets older she will treasure the pictures! Thanks for sharing Mayfly! .........LUVNLIFE

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Looks like you need a picture frame.  Those pictures are great!!!!!!!
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
great pics Tim looks like she gonna be a better fisherperson than you some day  :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Thanks for sharing the special day with your daughter with the rest of us.  Those are great picture Mayfly!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D AINT LIFE GRAND ! enjoy them while you can fly ! for they dont stick around vary long after the drivers license come and then they go . woodchuck  ::fishing::
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Congrats Tim! I am experiencing the same with my son this spring, so I know how much fun you are having and how proud you are of your daughter. Great pics. 

Scott
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman