Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: TIP - Wish I had......  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
It was about 2 weeks ago and I was fishing off a dock with my daughter. There were a couple boats out on the lake close enough where I could hear them talking. One guy in a boat of 4 was throwing a spinner bait. A pontoon that was fishing near him yelled over and asked what he was fishing for. the guy replied.....Bass, Northern, crappie...whatever is biting. The guy in the pontoon reminded him that is wasn't season for the above except for crappie. the spinner bait guy says oh thats ok I won't keep anything! I was shocked and upset. Idiots! I wish I would of had my phone I would of made a call but then again would I have? Would they really send out a Co to take care of that? I don't know. I'm sure this is probably a pretty common problem pre-season.

What do you all think?

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
seems pretty common..    should have called..

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I guarantee the DNR will come out to see whats going on. This is a very common problem with a lot of novice anglers all the way to the very experienced.

They always say, they are not keeping them or act like they will say they are fishing for something else.

The rule states that you can not target any out of season fish, just because you are not keeping them does not mean you can cast a buzz bait before Bass season.

This is a huge problem and we as Outdoorsman need to stop this, the DNR alone can not be everywhere.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;) GOOD POINT SPIN! BUT AS WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE OUT THERE TO DO WHAT EVER THEY CAN TO CATCH THE FISH WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FISHING FOR ! my self , i have caught but released those same fish not meaning to catch them ! but we all have inadvertently hooked a spieces not ment to be caught out of season . the whole truth lies with the buzz bait fishing for crappies or the husky jerk fished for sunnies ? it is a little obvious that you dont use these tools of the trade to hook what is out of season . so YES  the CO,S do need our help when we see these professional fisher people haveing their way with our future of fishing. tips are free to the poachers , 1-800-652-9093 please give our DNR /CO,S a hand .

woodchuck
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Got that number programed into my cell.  Im such a tattel tale.  Not really but I cant stand it when people cheat to get ahead while I play by the rules, respect the animals normal pattern of life, and try to teach my kids to be honest.  I've used it once and they were pretty good to deal with.

GO GET EM MAYFLY!!   :taz:   :taz:   :taz:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.