Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ride With the Disabled  (Read 3185 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
 The Range Riders atv club will be putting on a ride the weekend of August 10th to raise funds to go toward a van for transporting vets to the vets hospital-clinic in MPLS. Info about the ride can be found at rangeridersatvclub.com. The ride starts in Nashwauk  and full hook up camping is available until the sites a full then dry camping will be opened. The nearest motels are 12 to 22 miles away, Hibbing 12 miles,Grandrapids, 22 miles. The big ride will be Sat. and there will be another ride sunday morning for those that want to stay over. Please go to the above addee and pre register so we have some idea of how much food to have for the Satnight meal. By the way if you come in Fri. night there will be a camp fire at the Nashwauk rec. building  just for the purpose of bs-ing.

Even if you are not interested in the ride please go to the addee above and let us know what you think of the site. It is fairly new for us and we are interested in comments.
  Thank you, tripnchip-jack

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Wow theres a lot going on there.  That is one active club.  Unfortunatly, I cant make it as my wheeler isn't running now and soon to be put up on the auction block.

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like one way or the other i'll be there friday night ! what a great event not to miss !
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Hey Pops, thanks for the very interesting site.  They sure have a lot of information there.  I especially liked it because they had the information regarding the "youth training classes".  I will for sure have to send all three of my kids to those classes when they are old enough to go.  They even have some right over in Burnsville which is really close to my house.  I also didn't know the ages you had to be to ride a four wheeler, so that was very interesting to me.  We only have the mini-4 wheelers for our kids, and only let them ride them in our meadow up at the camper.  But I know that someday we will have the bigger ones for them, so we will have to be sure they take those classes.  So thanks for the great info Pops!

I also got a chance to look at all the pictures, which were all pretty cool..looks like you  have great turn outs for your events, which is awesome. So were you in any of the pictures I was looking at? Or were you hiding from me? ;)  I will have to tell Chad about this site when he gets back from Canada. Well have a great day Pops, talk to you later on maybe. Take Care, keep wiggling those tootsies!!  ;) gg

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry i remembered i have other plans for then maybe next time it wil work out better ..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the responses and sorry none of you will be able to make it.  Unfortunately this may be the last year we can do this as all the areas we use for the ride will be closed down if the new steel mill starts up.
 GG, i was in one of the pics. but going to keep you wondering which one.lol
 If any of you are up this way for any reason pm me and I will give you the contact info.
Thanks again Jack- trip
« Last Edit: July 07/30/07, 01:14:04 AM by tripnchip »

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Thanks for the responses and sorry none of you will be able to make it.  Unfortunately this may be the last year we can do this as all the areas we use for the ride will be closed down if the new steel mill starts up.
 GG, i was in one of the pics. but going to keep you wondering which one.lol
 If any of you are up this way for any reason pm me and I will give you the contact info.
Thanks again Jack- trip
Pops...you little bugger!!!   :moon:  gg

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
 :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
cool pics trip looks like you all had a blast Thanks for sharing  :rock: :rock:

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a little to go with the pics. below there was 48 atv's going out so we had 3 different group's of riders. All these pics. were taken in an old mine area that will hopefully be the site of a new mining operation that will do all the processing from raw ore to steel slabs on site. I am no. the pics. starting at the bottom.
Pic. 1  We were getting the riders lined up at to which one of the three group's they were going to ride with.
2.& 3. If you have ever been to Nashwauk and stopped at the observation platforum on the NW corner of town. These shots were taken from water level down in the pit the observation stand looks over. You can see the city water tank in the back ground.
4&5. These were taken in the same place , an engineer that worked with the new mining concern was giving a little talk on the mine.
6,7,8,9,&10 These are all shots taken from on top of a jig rock pile part way through the ride first leg of the ride. I have rode with the the fellow with the wheel chair on his atv before and belief me he is the last one you have to worry about on a ride.
11. This was taken by the dairy queen in Nashwauk  where we took a break before going out on the second leg of the ride.
 The ride was about 55 miles and took 8 hrs.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks 60, it was a very good time with a bunch of great people, the only trouble we had was one atv wanted to show hot at the end of the ride. Think the sensor went bad on it because you could hold the water hoses in your hand and the bike never smelled hot or boiled over, then there was one battery went bad.