Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Win a Wingmagic motion decoy in this giveaway!!  (Read 7099 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Announcing a new contest at MNO for all you duck hunters out there.  All you have to do to be entered is post a duck hunting story of your own, or a picture of yourself duck hunting. 
All people that make a qualifying post in this thread will be entered into a random drawing and one lucky winner will be awarded a wingmagic decoy courtesy of www.wingmagic.com, the ultimate new motion decoy.

The contest will start now and end on Sept 7th at midnight.

And please take a minute to visit their website at www.wingmagic.com.  If you guys duck hunt, especially puddle ducks and late season mallards, this is the missing link in your spread. 

So guys and gals, if you are a waterfowler, post your story or photo now to be entered for the prize drawing.  If you are not a member, register now for this contest to get a chance to win this awesome prize.
WWW.WINGMAGIC.COM
« Last Edit: September 09/04/07, 09:37:43 PM by Spinach »
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Big D

• Outdoorsman
  • God's country
I use lots of decoys when I'm in the duck blind.   :euro:  When I win this one I'll share with OJ!

Quite a few years back, I took our Pastor with us out duck hunting.  We had to walk across a boggy area to get out to the boats.  As we are walking the Pastor breaks through a patch of bog and falls through into the water.  It was pretty funny, but we tried not to laugh.  We helped him up and he made a comment about not being able to walk on water.  Then we made it to the boats.  That day we did quite well (six guys and almost all of us with our limits).  Maybe the Pastor had someone from above helping our shots.
« Last Edit: August 08/24/07, 04:15:51 PM by Big D »
As they say in Alaska...."It's not Waskish, but the next best thing!" :)

Offline blazer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'll get her started off.  It's a lesson I learned a few year ago about what not to do with your duck boat.  I was out hunting on a private lake near my house and after launching the boat through about 200 yards of cattails we spend the morning missing ducks.  After returning to the dock and looking back at the cattails we would have to pull the boat through.  My buddy and I decided that it would be better to leave the boat in the water for the remainder of the season.  It was early October and the season was young so we figured we would be out plenty and leaving the boat in the water would save us time when we went back out.  Well long story short, we never did make it out again and the boat sat tied up for the remainder of the season.  I was always meaning to go back out before the freeze to get the boat, but with deer hunting and other winter prep, the boat became a low priority.  I wasn't until deer season closed that we finally decided to go back out and pull the boat.  We found the boat filled almost to the top of the gunwhales with ice and the boat and motor was completely encased in ice.  We ended up spending 4-5 hours chipping ice and winching the boat to shore.  Luckily, after a full inspection of the boat and motor there was no damage from the ice.  Ever since that experience I've realized that no matter how much of a pain in the butt is may seem to pull the boat after hunting it is a lot easier that trying to chip out a boat that is completely encased in ice. 
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  -B. Franklin

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Here is a couple pictures of my first time duck hunting. This was me and my Grandpa in 2002!!

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
When my buddies and I go out duck hunting we try to shoot the ducks so they land as close to the boat as we can. I one time shot a duck that was coming right at us and shot it and come with in 6" from hitting my hunting partner .He almost jumped out of the boat into some cat tails. Thats the best that I got.
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
When my buddies and I go out duck hunting we try to shoot the ducks so they land as close to the boat as we can. I one time shot a duck that was coming right at us and shot it and come with in 6" from hitting my hunting partner .He almost jumped out of the boat into some cat tails. Thats the best that I got.

I don't care who ya are.  Thats funny right there.    :ROTFLMAO:
I bet his eyes got bigger and bigger the closer that duck came in. Her he is "RRRRUUUUNNN they're dive bombin us like comakazi ducks!!!! AAARRRRGGGGG!"   ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline jjawz

• Outdoorsman
My first ever duck hunt was last fall. I was in the cattails with my upland clothing (no orange on) wearing a carhart jacket and regular field boots standing in almost freezing water up to my knees. Needless to say i was completely soaked from about 5:00am to around 11am or so. To be honest it was one of the most exciting hunting experiences I have ever had; my mind was totally encapsulated around the hunt, focusing on the dive-bombing teals and forgetting about my feet and hands that had been wet and numb for hours. We took home a few ducks that day but I would have been content with none at all. I have since invested in some quality camoflage, decoys, and waterproof necessities, however I  will always remember my first real duck hunt.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
OK I have one more kind like my other one. This one is a goose revenge. The same group of us were out early goose hunting and a big flock of geese flew over and we shot at them and took three of them. One of the geese that we shot came down and landed in the water about three feet away from the boat  soaked all three of us. This is one time we should not have a contest one who can get the birds closest to the boat.
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
While hunting the sod feilds I have been hit once and near misses twice by falling dead geese.
Usualy because they are on the approach to our spread while we are down wind or in the flight path of the incoming geese.

These new deks would look fine next to my FFD's.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a picture of my wife Nancy and myself with some ducks and pheasants that my friends and I harvested in North Dakota last year. It was really dry last year where we were hunting. The duck hunting was a little slow, but the pheasant hunting was great. You could walk threw most sloughs. Hope to make it back again this year. ::rockon::
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
8 more days left... If you are a duck hunter, your odds are looking pretty good here.

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
 I agree with jjaws that it seems the amount of work you put into a waterfowl hunt equals the more enjoyment.
 My first hunt in 1978 was a painstaking trek over and through about 120 yards of bog. Once reaching the waters edge and setting up on the end of a line of Dad and three of his buddies it was about a two hour wait because no birds were flying that morning. Then came my reward, a lone teal skirting the bog on my side. I followed it in with my .410 and sent the pellets on their way. As that little bird started to somersault so did my heart. Evidently so did my Dads three buddies because as the bird was falling they unleashed a barrage of gunfire that almost removed all of that poor little things feathers. The hunt the next day produced alot more birds.
   I have not missed a Minnesota duck season since. And motion in your spread is a great way to have success. These wingmagic decoys look fantastic.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Only a few more days to go for this great giveaway of an awesome Wingmagic decoy. All you have to do is make a post telling about a duck hunting experience you personally have had or post a picture of you and any ducks you have taken in a previous hunt. It's easy and you earn a chance at this great decoy.

If you have not yet seen a wingmagic decoy, click the following link and watch one of the wingmatic videos: http://www.wingmagic.com/videos.htm

If you hunt in an area where wing movement decoys are illegal, check out the Arkansas kicker on the wingmagic website. It still gives you the water movement without the wings and it completely legal in areas that ban wing movement decoys.  ;)

The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
just a side note here... this decoy is legal for %100 of the season here in Minnesota.  public and wma's too.

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Make sure you are included in this contest.  All you have to do is either post a duck hunting picture or duck hunting story from the past.  Yes, it is really that simple.  Your odds of winning the wingmagic motion decoy are quite good right now!
« Last Edit: September 09/02/07, 08:52:32 AM by Outdoors_junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
This contest has been extended for 24 hours due to our recent server problems on MNO.

The contest will run until September 7th 2007 at midnight!
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline murdock54

• Outdoorsman
  • Golden Retriever - Rio
From left to right is me, Greg (guythathunts), and Scott. We hunted a field on opening morning but couldnt get anything to come close so we switched to our water spot that afternoon and had some luck and got these three honkers. The next night we marinated some and grilled them up, had some friedns over and ate some goose, tasty!
RIO! DUKE! BATMAN!   Lets go hunting!!

Offline Munk

• Outdoorsman
Was goose hunting and had Junior (then 6 yrs old) with me. A pair of Canadians flew directly overhead. I shot the lead bird and it fell into the rushes about 30 yards away. Junior jumped up and took off running into the rushes after the goose. A few seconds later he came running back out, screaming at the top of his lungs with the goose hot on his heels. Remmington, (my chocolate lab, who has since moved on to the big slough in the sky) took off from my side (which he hardly ever did without being told) and got between Junior and the goose (I don't think he liked the goose messing with his boy). The goose immediately turned tail and the chase was on going the other way back into the rushes. Remm won that little game and returned with the goose a short time later. After bringing the goose to me he went over and sat by Junior and just stared at him. Junior yelled at the dog "It's not funny", and I do believe to this day that old Remm was chuckling at that little spectacle, ( I know I was). 

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
  :ROTFLMAO: munk, that had to of been somthing to see.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
This is how it landed after I shot it.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dj

• Outdoorsman
I went with the farmer I lease from one day last season to a pot hole on another farm he was helping combine that was full of mallards the morning before.  The glory hole was in a depression all around, and we had to stand up a ways, maybe 10 feet higher than the water level to get cover in some trees. 

About sunrise, in they came, 15-30 in a group.  The birds had to drop in from quite aways up, and came down like they were on an elevator.  Empty chambers and not a bird.  Luckily the groups kept coming, and we finally managed to shoot 6, but blew alot of holes in the sky.  And these things were like pie plates hanging there.  Well, a word to the wise, I find out when they drop straight down like that, shoot at their feet, even if it seems their not moving.  Hopefully I'll get another chance like that this season. 

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
This is how it landed after I shot it.
90% of banded ducks try to hide in trees after the traumatic experience of being caught and forcefully adorned with bracelets
« Last Edit: September 09/07/07, 08:55:30 PM by kenhuntin »
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
thanks everyone for entering... I am lucking the topic and after all the entries are numbered up, a random winner will be drawn.  Stay tuned.

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy