Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: COUPLE NEAT TRICKS FOR ARCHERS TO TRY  (Read 5318 times)

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
  • My first Wisconsin deer October 2008
throughout the years of bowhunting you tend to learn many little handy tricks of the trade if you read or listen to others talk here are two that are very painless and yet save headaches and money the first one is this if you shoot vanes and we all know how crappy vanes can get after pass throughs on targets or shooting at critters on the off season from hitting brush and whatnot here is all you need to do to get them as good as new again as long as they are still intact boil a pot of water and dip them in it for a few seconds and let them cool and they will take their shape as good as new and the other one is especially for my fellow mechanical shooters out there and the reason I say this is we all know how difficult it can be to find a good quiver for mechanicals to keep them tight in their spots all you do is take a old arrow and broadhead heat the broadhead up with a torch and line it up with your arrow slots on your quiver and let it melt a hole in the foam and this will also work for fixed blade shooters and the big advantage for everybody is that there is no chance to dull the blades from removing and replacing arrows with broadheads in your quiver since most hunters dont realize this is one of the reasons why broadheads get dull without using them  hope these tips are useful and good luck hunting this fall
LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF CHANGES  SO ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED  SO HUNT WHILE YOU CAN !!!!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
wow, great tips man. THANKS!
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF CHANGES  SO ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED  SO HUNT WHILE YOU CAN !!!!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey Goldtip, I was at a range with some buffalo board target butts and had a few arrows passing almost all the way through.  Well the vanes were getting kinda rinkled so I tried your tip with the hot water.  Right now Im out of town and cant boil water but just got it as hot as I could with the faucet and dipped the vanes in there for a couple of minutes.  After they dried, they were almost perfect.  When I get home I'll try it with boiling water. 

Thanks for the tip.   ::cheers::
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
Hey no problem grute  interesting to hear you didnt even need boiling water  that buffalo board sucks to pull arrows from

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
...And while you've got that water boilin', you can fix up those folded-over feathers, too. Just hold the feather on your arrow in the steam for a few seconds, and rotate the arrow around to each one. Like magic, your fletches will stand up as good as new.
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey no problem grute  interesting to hear you didnt even need boiling water  that buffalo board sucks to pull arrows from

Yeah it didn't get them perfect but it sure helped.  Thanks again.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.