Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Turkey hunting photos  (Read 3530 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
  These pics maynot be what you expect but am I going to have fun with them anyway. My step dad is out turkey hunting this am with a bow. The first pic you can see his blind in the back by the woods and a couple toms out in the field well out of range.

The second photo is of four birds, three of which are toms. The fourth one might be also. They come across the same field right in the middle, again out of range. A couple more jakes and hens are out in the field too but I couldn't get them in the pic.

The third photo is of a couple toms. I couldn't get the picture taken in time but 3 toms were chasing a jake. One tom and the jake got behind the shed b4 I could get a photo taken. This pic is of the same field.

Now hopefully you get the idea of how much fun I'm going to have. I have seen about 35 birds in this field between the house and his blind. I think I'll start with his selection of blind location then after he gets defensive and starts making excuses, I will start to talk about his calling techniques. The only thing that would be better is if he shot and missed, then I could throw that in as additional ribbing. ;D ;D

I do wish him a successful hunt but if it don't happen I'll be first in line to poke a little good fun at him. I'm sure if any of these birds had come in bow range the hunt would have been done early this am. They all came right through the middle of the field.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/07/06, 08:18:14 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Some reason I couldn't get the third photo on the original post so here it is.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well he is out in the same blind this afternoon. Once again poor choice of blind location as you can see by the photos. Again these pics were take out the window from inside the house. This tom was trying to impress some hens as one photo shows he was on the lawn most of the time. Looks like I could have done better standing on the roof throwing rocks. It would have been about a 20 yd. throw. I couldn't get a real good pic of him fanning as the wind was blowing so hard it was blowing his feathers out of place.

« Last Edit: May 05/07/06, 06:09:08 PM by GRIZ »
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
  I figured I'd just let you know how the days hunt ended. Now that season has ended at 5:00 as I looked out the window at shortly after six I could see a nice big tom standing about 5 yds in front of his blind. ;D Guess thats why they call it hunting. ::) Wished I could have gotten a pic of it for ya but my daughter had the camera.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like he should get one of those strawroll blinds.   ;D

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
My fun of pickin on him is over the old goat got his bird. Weighed 23-1/2lbs. Shot it at 6 yds, he said the thing jumped up and flew 60-70yds straight in the air. I knew my fun wouldn't last long, this is the first time in 5 yrs that he hasn't got his bird opening day. Seen the thing for 45 minutes before he got in the spot for a decent shot, still made it to work by 7:30. :D

~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Give the "old goat" an attaboy from me. Very nice looking bird.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"