Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Saturday Ride  (Read 1892 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
 Some old friends and some now new friends came up for the weekend to do some ridding. We left on the ride at 10 am, it was a very nice sunny day that showed of what fall color there is in the tress very nicely. I have lived in this area all my life but am still amazed at how scienic old mines pits can be espeicaly in the fall when you not only have the walls of the pit but the colors of fall reflecting off the water. Most of the ridding was on old mine roads, logging roads with a couple slash crossing and woods trails thrown in to tie roads together. A lot of the ridding was in a area I haven't been in for years so it was like all new trails and we just kind of took what ever trail seemed to be going in the rite direction until we came accros a road i knew brought us back toward a town. We rode into that town and had lunch around 2 pm and hit the trails again to work our way back home. Some time after lunch I got a chunk of wood jamed up into a rear boot so tight that I had to cut it with the chain saw to get it out. Yup we head strieght home then and got in around 5 pm and 60 miles later.
  Enjoy the ride  and becarful.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Sounds like you had a great time Pops, I'm glad you shared your outing with all of us!  Fall is absolutely my favorite time to be out in the woods, no bees, no mosquitos, nice cool weather, and of course the best time for a beautiful scenery to top it off!  By the way...did you ever find your phone?  Take Care!!  gg  ::dancinred::

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
sounds like a great ride trip!  i need to ride...
if we didnt have so much to do around here
i would take the wife up and go for a long
ride.
how ya feeling gg?

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
GG, I haven't even went and looked for it because it's been raining or misty steady up here since I lost it. I can just see the little curls of smoke comming out of it. Needed a new one anyway, this one I actualy had to push bottons to call someone and you know what my typing is like.lol