Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bow hunting during firearms?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline psebow

• Outdoorsman
I am going (2nd time this year) out this weekend and am super pumped...as you might have seen I am a Rookie and just got into bow huting.  What are your thoughts about bow hunting during firearms?  Am I nuts?  I was thinking the deer might be on the move/pushed due to all the hunters?  Is this true?  Also, any tips or tricks on bow hunting during firearms?  Are the deer jumpy?  Or do they act differently...I want to make sure I am not making a "rookie" mistake bow hunting during firearms.

Thanks...Safe, Excited, First Time bow hunter! 

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope never a mistake to bow hunt if that is what you want to do. How jumpy the deer are will depend on the presure where you hunt. But then if the rut is on the bucks can be just plain stupid.
Good luck in your hunting.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That makes 2 of us.....I will be in the woods with a bow as well. Not changing anything at all except there is the orange requirement. Trying to hunt everyday now until I get my buck. I made a deal with myself not to harvest a doe until I get a buck 8 points or more. I think Saturday I will be out there all day long.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
hey fly, saw a ton of deer again by coates..
there is a big buck down by your area!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
hey fly, saw a ton of deer again by coates..
there is a big buck down by your area!

randy aka bh

I haven't been down there much. My cousin has been more. I am fixed in on my woods right now. It is personal 8) These deer and me.....I'm not lossing this one!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey Fly, just between us, I heard a rhumor that those deer are calling you names behind your back -- especially that really big buck.  GO GET HIM!!!!   ;D

And for PSEBOW, Im taking my bow with me to deer camp.  I'll use my shot gun for better range in case I do see one.  If I do get one by shot gun, then I'll go out with my bow for another.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.