Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: All I could see were Antlers!!!!!  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Yep thats right...Antlers!

All I could see last night when I brought my trail cam in was antlers. As a matter of fact when I went to sleep last night all I could see were antlers in my dreams as well. With all these antlers around you can only guess what I saw in the woods tonight.......Well, I saw squirrels, birds of all types, noisey ones and quiet ones too! I saw leaves and trees and I even saw a few planes. I saw a lot! The only thing I didn't see was deer! And no I didn't see any antlers out there tonight!

I have been having a hell of a time this year folks. The deer just do not want to cooperate with me. I went to a new spot tonight, a spot that looked sweet! Thick next to not so thick and even a nice little opening for a nice view in the middle of my woods. I have two very heavily used trail with a few small trails intersecting the main arteries. I have fresh deer poop and even a few rubs on a couple of the trees near my location. It looked sweet and the weather was nice. I have never been so comfortable than I was tonight. The view was awesome. I watched a tree try and get rid of the last of its yellow leaves and in the background a nice birch forest bordering a field of chest high grass. The scene was set for an awesome evening in the woods and not a single deer showed up to my party!  sad3.gif

It has been like this for me all year. It is soooo easy to sit around and talk deer hunting. It is easy to give advice and it is easy to see all the signs. Once your out there it is never that easy. Most of us have read so many articles, books and watched so many shows and listened to the experts that we too can talk just like them. It is so easy to say what to do etc...But in order for this formula to work every thing needs to line up perfect. All the pieces need to be present. That is what makes bow hunting such a hunt and so time consuming. It takes time and even though I am frustrated as hell I will be out there for about 5 hours tomorrow hopefully educating myself and getting closer to that kill.

Its been a tough year. But a great year as well! Lots of good time spent in the woods!

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Why is it bow hunting can be so frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.Hang in there guy.