Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Carpenter Wanted for Basement Finishing  (Read 4246 times)

Offline ThunderCAT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
With the addition of our now 5-month old little boy it's becoming clear that we need space for all of his toys - he's going to be a very spoiled little boy!

My wife and I want to start the process of getting bids to help us finish off our basement. We're located in the SW metro near Chaska. Our house is a little over a year old.

The scope of work (I think) would be the following:

Targeted finished square footage estimate = 1000-1200 sq ft

- HVAC
- Electrical
- Framing
- Bathroom plumbing (rough-in already exists)
- Drywall (including mud, tape and sanding)
- Texturing the ceiling

I would love to find a carpenter that can handle his/her portion of the project as well as leverage contacts in other trades (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc) to complete the job.

I will plan on doing the finish work myself (installing trim, hanging doors, painting, installing fixtures, laying flooring, etc.). Any MNOers have a company or contact that might be interested in bidding this out? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 12/20/07, 09:46:22 PM by ThunderCAT »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Just my 2 cents but I think hiring a general contractor is a waste of money.  Find yourself a good carpenter who does his own generaling. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline ThunderCAT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's what I am finding in responses to ads I've posted...some carpenters are willing to take on the to-do of coordinating with other trade contacts they know to get the job complete, while others only want to scope and provide estimates for their focused portion of the project.

I've edited the post to reflect this...

I've had an oerwhelming response to a Craig's List ad, and so far it seems there are 2-3 pretty good options for me that are willing to act as a GC, though they will be working on part of the job and coordinating for me a few of the other parts.

« Last Edit: December 12/20/07, 09:47:31 PM by ThunderCAT »

Offline mncowboy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
p.m me your info and i will contact you. i been in the bussness for 20 plus years and have tons of referals.

thank you,

mncowboy