Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Looking for some one to help me repair an archery range.  (Read 6675 times)

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
My gun club has an archery range that has fallen apart.We need new bails,and some straping to repair the old bails.

I don't know where to even start looking for these, I assume we need a heavey tight style of bail and not the usual straw type??

I also would like to set up an bow hunter education class, both beginer and advanced even a womens class would be nice.

A discount for BeaverBrook members would be required to get the use of our club house and range though.

Thanks for any help.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Is there any consideration for broadheads or will it be field points only. How many bales are you looking at?
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I contacted Ramsey counting and the gentlemen I spoke with gave me the name and number of the place they order the bales for all the  ranges they maintain. The bales cost about $75 each. I believe you would need 2 bales per target.

American Excelsior  1-866-934-2377

The company is located in Rice Lake, WI. They also have a web site but I didn't see the archey bales. I had to call and ask about them.

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi Joe,I see the lay out blind sold out from under you.
I would recamend just laying out with a Gilhie suit on, those blinds are uncomfortable for us larger guys.

But thanks for the call on those bails, did they say if they had any left and where can we get them??

I think we will set it up for field tips then use a block for broad heads.

I have my own block,bag,and a life size look alike target as well.

The range is BeaverBrook gun club up in East Bethel, off Klondik drive.

They previous range keeper had some poles put in with little roofs over the bails.But the bails are falling apart now and wouldn't stop a kids bow let alone the newer high power stuff we shoot.

I will need to ask the club for some petty cash to buy a few, that could be a problem with the die hard trap shooters who don't like to spend a dime unless it goes toward the trap range.

Benny

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Oh I got the blind. I'm HighLife. :laugh:

It sounded like you could order them anytime and they can ship them, but you could also pick them up. They weigh about 75 lbs a piece.

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah I see, didn't know you switched handles there.
Shipping of that kind of wieght would be astronomical in cost, way cheaper to drive over there.

I will ask the board for some cash to buy a few bails, if they don't want to spend the money then I will just shoot at the Bunker hills facility.

Benny

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to interfere fellows but when you are talking "bails", Are you talking like a bale of straw?

If so get ahold of me I think I can get ahold of them much cheaper than that..
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi Griz, would the straw bails hold up to the new and powerful bows out there now?

I would think we would need something like an alfalfa,wheat,or a feild grass bail that is bundled real tight?

I know my bow is down to about 50 lbs right now and it will go through a standard straw bail that they have down by the St Anthony parkway bow range.

I had to use one of my old bags to slow tha arrow down enough to stop it from going through the bail.

I bought a 3D target now and it had a new thicker bag style stop added with it as a promo deal.

The bails that are up there now are in need of rebundle and some are just to far gone to save.

Let me know what you got going, I would like to get the range back in shape so I can shoot the bow before I go shoot my trap league on Tuesdays.

Benny