Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fox release (video)  (Read 3257 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a video of a fellow releasing a red fox from a trap.

He forgot his catch pole and had to release it without the pole. This is a good example of what I was trying to say in another topic when I mentioned giving them something to bite on (his boot). Chances of getting bitten doing this are fairly good but if you give em ur boot to bite it don't hurt. Not all reds will bite your boot, greys on the other hand usually will as they are more aggressive. If you try doing this with a coyote their teeth will go through the boot and draw blood but it won't really hurt. The biggest thing you'd have to worry about is disease and such.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
thats pretty cool. so have you ever released one like that and have it come back at you?

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't worry about a fox as first thing they want to do is get away. Most all animals I think would run if they feel they have an opportunity. Some animals with a grumpy disposition if they feel cornered may come after you, badger for example. I wouldn't even attempt a release like this with animals like badger or cats as even though your staying away from their teeth you still have to worry about their claws. Also badger can do a 180 inside their skin giving them full opportunity to claw ya.
« Last Edit: February 02/19/08, 08:44:33 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
badgers are vicious little things i dont even give them a chance. ok i figured a fox would run, but maybe a angry coyote would try for a little revenge.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Possible but Guessin it'd run unless it felt cornered.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ok..thanks for the info. :happy1:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
nice video griz :toast: