Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Aqua Vu Floodlight  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
Anyone use one?
Looks like it will help with visabilty

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Im just guessin here, but wouldnt bright lites at night effect fishing in a negative way?  I thought I remember reading somthing in infish or somewhere about it....    -thunderpout :happy1:

Offline rtk343

• Outdoorsman
Is it legal in MN to use artificial lights to catch fish? I don't know.
I'd rather be sittin' on the ice.

Offline Cougar550

• Minnow
Are you talking about the clip on light from Aqua VU that you have to buy separate from the camera?

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
When it comes to light affecting fish It is specie specific. Eelpout are some of the most light sensitive fish that swim. Their eyes have way more Rods than Cones. and when exposed to light they feel like you would feel under the spotlight of a police cruiser. Just wanting to be somewhere else.Walleyes are a close second, that is part of the reason a walleye chop is good for fishing the waves defract  the sunlight. Sunfish on the other hand are a specie that have more cones than rods in their eyes and have poorvision at night. humans are the same way. What I have seen with underwater lights to use a camera with They are worthless after sundown. The particles in the water blind the camera.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx Ken... Thats pretty much what I read some where...but in a nutshell.  Now the infared type isnt supposed to spook em like incandesent or led lighting, correct?       -thunderpout

Offline thrasher

• Outdoorsman
I wire tied one to the weight on my Marcum. It works well on Mille Lacs. Can see 4-5 Ft. Have seen wallys come into view and quickly scoot away. The bites been so tough on that lake that I can't decide if the lights affecting it or not.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
mnillacs is so few and far between anyways , cant never tell  :banghead:
still love the big pond though  :coffee:

Offline Fish Guide

• Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
if its a true "light" ya might want to double check with the Regulations upon using it. 
"To put fish in the box, fish outside the box"

Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
www.minnesotaguideservice.com

Offline thrasher

• Outdoorsman
I went through the regs. and can't find anything addressing the subject since they are not being used to "attract" fish.