Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NAFA fur auction  (Read 6776 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been keepin tabs on the auction to see what things are bringing. I didn't have any fur up there but wished I would have. I didn't have space after the move.

All the talk is about the tops, well I don't care myself what the top is as it's a .0 whatever percent of the thousand up for sale that actually make that grade. This is a world wide auction so what one averages on fur from illinois will differ from one from montana. I will keep this for the most part to the mn region.

Most fur seems to be up, most particularly coon. That doesn't come as any surprise.
Most guys from round here averaged tween the mid thirties to the low forties. The top lot went for 130.00.

Marten and fisher were also up as I expected. Heard people ave on these were bout 100 most a tad better but some didn't get that either. One guy on fisher ave 115 on his but another only got 76 over all.

Rats ahve done good as well with reports of 3.50 to 4.50 averages

Grey fox have a strong market as well with what seems to be an ave in the forties.

Cats are predictably rediculous. I don't even like to talk about prices on this item as one cat will be worth 85 bucks and another is 600. BTW the top lot went for $1800 a piece. Those are mostly western cats and those guys are claiming around 500 dollar average. Here in MN we don't have the best cat but have heard of some getting some good coin for the hides.

Now the items I havn't heard much about is the coyote, red fox, mink and beaver. Most of the people who had these items on the market were not overly impressed. The markets for goods that sold didn't seem too bad but there were alot of buy backs also(no sales) So a bunch will be held over til the may sale.

Otter Now this was the only surprise. The way I understand it they were going to sell them at what ever they could get. Well it seems it was around $40 ave and they sold.

These prices are just reports from people. It will be a bit before they got the final stats on all of it as far as ave and percent sold. It does appear to be a good sale and it's hard to tell if things are going to go up or down. The may auction will tell a bit more.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
Griz,

cats are crazy high. makes me wanna move to a state that has tons of them. i seen some guys take it on otter and sold for 20 ave... not good but its better than nothing. have not heard on the rest.... do  you have any fur there??           Peace SS

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
No I don't have any there. What makes it worse is my account seemed to have lapsed. If it wasn't I could have tuned in right on the net and listened to the auction, lot by lot. Not that I would have but maybe for a few items just to see how it was going.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Call me stupid but what do you mean cats?
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
bobcats there faceman

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
Griz i watched it for a bit... kinda like watching paint dry if you ask me...

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Wow, thanks Griz. I never knew there was an auction for fur.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea there are many of them. Some of them are small more regional ones, others are quit large and have buyers from around the world. This auction was viewed by most as very good one. Good enough that I can see some real problems ahead. Before I go jumping to any conclusions I'll wait for the results from the may sale.

~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
bobcats there faceman
Thats what I thought but wasnt sure. Thanks.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.