Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Metro (or near) are Trap Shooting?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Synic

• Outdoorsman
Anyone know of a place where one could go shoot some clay at a reasonable price?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Metro Winchester, off of naples.

Might want to call first, cause I ain't been there in quite a few years.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
I found some on a site I hope it helps. I used Metro a long time ago for trap and was happy with there set up, but it has been years. Now I have been going to Oakdale gun club
And I like them but I only have shot rifle and pistol there.
If you find one you like please  let us know maybe somebody else could use the info

I hope this will help you out
          Scott

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=MN

Blaine - Metro Gun Club, 10601 Naples Street, N.E., Blaine, MN 55449.
Phone: 612-786-5880
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (50 ft), Indoor Rifle (50 ft, .22 Only), Trap, Skeet
Range Access: Public

Buffalo - Buffalo Gun Club, Inc., Hwy 55 East, Buffalo, MN 55313.
Phone: 612-682-2308
Facilities include: Trap

Forest Lake - Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club, 4648 N. 240th St., Forest Lake, MN 55025.
Phone: 651-464-9931
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25, 50, 100, 200/300/400), Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays
Hours of Operation: Varies, see web site

Lake Elmo - Oakdale Gun Club, 10386 N 10th St, Lake Elmo, MN 55042.
Phone: 651-436-6946
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (10,25.50,200), Outdoor Rifle (25,50,100,200), Pistol Silhouette, Trap, Archery, Airgun
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yea, me too, that's the one I used to go to. (Metro)

Now, I just shoot out behind the barn.   ;D

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Synic

• Outdoorsman
Excellent!  Thank you for the replies and links!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Metro's a great place, live close to it , practice there for sporting clays a lot.  They have a great duck tower, abunch of skeet & trap ranges, and three 5-stand ranges with different ranges of difficulty... its on Naples off of 95th & 35w in Blaine, ran by great folks.     -thunderpout :happy1:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
The stars must be in alignment.  I was gonna say Metro Gun Club too. I think they have more than 3 5 stand ranges though.  The last time I was there, I was with a buddy who is in a wheel chair and they were telling him how they were gonna pour a concrete sidwalk out to these other 5 stand ranges.

Forest Lake has trap too but Im not sure about the details on membership and such.  I've heard its one of the best gun clubs though.

Grute  :dancinred:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline tattguy12

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
im a member there and shoot there alot. It is a wonderful facility. Plenty of stands very organized. rick the owner is a great guy. Great food in the shack once it warms up and you can bring your own grill and beer and have a lunch in the lot..check it out.

Kevin :toast:
WOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BULLHEAD!!!!!!