Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Big jump in property values  (Read 1302 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just got my property tax statement for taxes payable in 2009.  This is on mixed swamp, field, and woods with no buildings.  The value was raised 40%.  Everyday you can see or read a story about falling realestate values, yet for some reason they think mine almost doubled.
 :censored: :tequila; :cry:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
That will generally happen every 5-7 years depending on your county. What happens is the county does a detailed assessment every 5-7 years and your value catches up to what it really is. On the off years when they just update the taxes on the computer it rises very slow or even sometimes goes down, but only a little, they are just guesstimates.

My area had that happen 3 years ago, our values were adjusted for real #'s and the taxes went up a lot along with the value of my home.

It's hard to explain but I'd say the value that you just received is pretty close to the real value.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"