Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: geocashing  (Read 1383 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
This last weekend I tried something new with my kids. Its called geocashing.  My neighbor told me about it.  I logged onto geocashing.com and entered my zipcode.  About 20 cashes poped up in my little town with the gps coordinates.  I entered a few into the gps and off we went on a treasure hunt.  My kids had a blast!!!  When you find the hidden treasure chests you enter yourself in the log book and trade prizes.  The kids all bring a small toy that they want to trade.  It is very inexpensive and it gets the kids off of the computer and out in the woods.  My oldest also is starting to learn how to use the gps so she will not get lost when she gets old enough to go deer hunting.  We also found a couple of morels. A bonus.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
yes this is a fun way to get the kida off the computer and away from the TV.... I do this and have fun everytime i do it. I started doing it in oregon. well do it more this summer with my son as he loves doing it as he gets to trade for all kinds of stuff

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
What are some of the best prizes that you have found?  Have you made a cashe yet?  My kids want to make one.  We were trying to decide what to put in it.  Do you have any suggestions?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
randy, who do you trade stuff with?  they have a club
type thing?

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
you trade with what ever is in the container. could be anything