Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Race for the Cure  (Read 6316 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Here's an invitation to join me to everyone at MNO and everyone who everyone-at-MNO knows.

Im planning on doing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure for breast cancer on this up coming Mother's Day May 11, 2008.  If we do this together we can make a team name and really motivate each other, create more awareness, and raise more money for research.

I met a woman yesterday who had a double mastectomy and she said her cancer was different.  It wasn't a "lump" persay but more like sand particles.  If it weren't for today's technology, it would have progressed to the point that she probably would have died from it.  Also, my Mom was a survivor so I always have her in mind during these events.

Research and early detection is the key.  Join me and we can help fight breast cancer together.

http://www.racecure.org/site3.aspx

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Buster

• Outdoorsman
Grute,

Great cause. My wife of 42 is a 11 year survivor. Her mother died of same in early 40's when Cyndi was 9. Ran the race several yrs ago. Back problems since. Took up collection at wrk a few yrs and raised several hundred dollars each yr. Have only attended once since it moved to MOA. I highly encourage racing or taking up collection at work.

Mark aka Buster

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Someone should start a fish for a cure that weekend. That would be nice.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
how long is it?? I may be do it for trainning

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Race for a Cure is a 5K and is held at the Mall of America.

Im starting training soon and plan on doing this even if Im a one man team  :dancinred: but would love to form a real team.  The motivation factor is much higher when you have other people to do it with.   :party3:

My Mom was a survivor so I'll run/walk it in her honor.   :bow:

Grute

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

Buddy Check 11 Online
March 11, 2008
Race Time Already?

The Twin Cities are still covered in snow but in exactly two months they will be awash in pink.

Tens of thousands of people whose lives have been touched by breast cancer will don t-shirts, wear every shade of pink and flood the streets around the Mall of America to walk/run in the 2008 Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure.

It's on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 11th. But you can start getting ready now. Online registration is now open. And it's really easy.

Register as an individual or gather your best buddies and sign up as a team. If you can't be at the race, you can also simply make a donation.

And speaking of buddies, today is the 11th. So call your buddy and remind her or him to check for signs of breast cancer. Be sure to do your own self-exam as well. If you find anything unusual, it's important to schedule an appointment with your doctor right away.

If you're over 40, also be sure to schedule your annual mammogram.

The earlier you find breast cancer, the greater your chances of survival.

The Race for the Cure is all about improving the odds for those with breast cancer.

Last year, more than 2.2 million dollars from Twin Cities Race for the Cure went to help fund national research along with education, screening, and treatment programs here in Minnesota.

It's a great event. We hope to walk or run alongside you there.

Buddy Check 11 Online is made possible by Health Fair 11, a partnership of KARE TV, Cub Pharmacy and UCare.

Welcome to Buddy Check 11

How Buddy Check 11 works

How to do a Breast Self-Exam

Links and Resources

Free Mammograms for un-insured or under-insured women or call 1-888-6-HEALTH

UCare`s guide to healthy living

This information is produced to help you take charge of your breast health. It is not intended as a replacement for professional care.
Health Fair 11 is a partnership among KARE 11, Cub Pharmacy, and UCare. The mission of this nonprofit organization is to provide health care education, materials for consumers, and no-cost or low cost screenings to members of our community. Contact us at healthfair@kare11.com

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Wish i could join ya.. But with my wee daughter with cancer and me just getting over my breast cancer treatments., i cant...

Thanks to all who will join the race for a cure.. This brings money into research and screenings to find this early and to learn more about better treatments.
NG
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well it turned out to be a great day for a run and a walk.  Me and my oldest boy (Hockey #12) ran it this morning in record time  :bs:   :rotflmao:  Then we walked it with Momma Grute, Lil Grute Dudette, and Oober Ponage.  We joined  a team with a friend of ours who is a survivor so we were the Grute Squad of Audrie's Army.  Here's a couple of pics:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
My hat is off to you.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects