Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: fun shoot  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
im trying to get a fun shoot together and i am wondering how many people would be interested. it would be july 19th, the cost would be 18 dollars per person and that covers 50 clay pigeons. it will be held at wild marsh sporting clays. its located by monticello. great fun and a little friendly competion and grilling afterwords

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
I would be interested.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Cody... That weekend looks clear for me.  Count me in... :happy1:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Me and the 2 Grute boys are in.

Grute   :dancinred:
Hockey #12   :spongebob:
Oober Ponage.   :party1:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
come on people, anyone else just like to go out and shoot stuff and have good food afterwards. it should be a great time.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
 :bump:

I don't use that button very often but I thought it was a good idea here.  I know many MANY of you members like to shoot shot guns.  Sporting clays is a style of clay pigeon shooting similar to golf.  You walk down a groomed course to specific stations with "traps" which throw the clay pigeons for you to shoot.  Each station is set up differently and are all a challenge making you a better shooter/hunter after a little practice.

Not only can you become a better shooter and hunter, its just plane fun.  Also, you'll make some new friends so what do you have to lose?  It could be a great day.

Grute  :dancinred:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
 Yep... well said Grute!  I know theres alot of MNO folks out there with shotguns that need to be cleaned, well get it out & shoot a hundred rounds, work on yer shooting skills, and have alot of fun while doin it... THEN come home and get your favorite hunting gun clean and ready for this fall! ;)  You'll have a great time runnin around in the woods at Wild Marsh, Grillin some food and hangin out with MNO "celebrities" like Grute and Cody! (Ken, Tim, Spin... you guys have been kindaquiet on this so far... :whistling:) Everyones ::welcome:: It'll be a BLAST!

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
i can't hit the broad side of a barn with a handful of rice, but i'll give a try. count me in. that way you guys who can accually shoot have someone to pick on. is it harder with a pump? 870 is the only thing i shoot, they allways go bang. :fudd:
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i use a pump so no worrys, i grew up with a pump so shooting you really never miss a beat. great another person, hopefully we can get atleast 10, but no matter what numbers whoever still wants to go can, because ill be going no matter what. but i encourage everyone to come and have a good time.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll have to check with my son but it looks like the two of us might make it.  I'm kinda like outdoorsman388.  I like your barn door and rice analogy.  Some times I think I would do better with a rifle.  Then again, I have only shot sporting clays twice in my life.  I always say, just give me one grouse and a couple hundred acres and I'm good for the season! :fudd:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
thats great i hope to see you there. ive only shot sporting clays 4-5 times and i absolutly love it

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I've only shot 2 rounds (in one day).  My oldest boy has shot about a dozen rounds of 5 stand and my other boy is BRAND NEW to it all - he's 12.  I get the feeling we'll all be in similar company.  Us rookies will be the majority.   Being that majority rules, lets make the best shooter grill up our chow.   :chef:  Winner has to cook.   ;D

Im looking so forward to this, anytime someone in the family mentions a get together, the first thing that pops into my brain is "It better not be July!"

GRUTE  :dancinred:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: way to go grute lol, i am new to it this year and i think im progressing at a rapid pace i dont know, thats got to be thunderpouts call on how im doing. but this sport is very addicting

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Cody's doin awesome! :happy1: Better bring a bib and a fork and a flipper Cody! ;)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds good to me anyone else for some shooting and food

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ill be posting directions here within the next week. anyone else interested

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
well I have never shot sporting clays but I just picked up a lil 20 ga montefeltro and if I can get away I will be there

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome huntr... Youll have a lot of fun!  Thats a sweet lil gun, no better way to get used to a new gun than a round or two of sporting clays... :happy1: Hope to see ya there!

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
well I just need directions and what to bring as far as food, soda, ect Ill try to round up 1 or 2 more .I need to find a few who shoot worse than I do.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Huntr42.... Cody has that info on the fun shoot post on the "shooting" forum in the hunting section... Yep bring some friends, hey, as far as shooting, we all should be better than we are.  It's all relative... the best thing to do about our misgivings that we all have, is that we can do something about them.  Every time I get out and shoot, I'm workin on them, even if it isnt obvious that I improve each time... ya still are workin on improving, and you'll never get better just wishing you'd be a better shot... and the end result is all good... more birds in the bag! :happy1:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
The directions are on the 3rd page on that shooting forum... Cody gives good, simple directions... You guys can look up Wlid Marsh Sporting clays on their site if ya want to also....

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
it's: www.wildmarshsportingclays.com .....they are great people there, covered banquet area, they even have a covered 5-stand sporting clays area so this is pretty much rain or shine deal... but its gonna be perfect out for us... Cody said he promises! ;D

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
ah what the hell , count me and repoman jr in  :happy1: cody pm me with some info , just the address so i can lock it in the gps :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hunter42, don't worry, if my son and I make it, you probably won't be the worst shot there. :cry:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***