Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Strangest hunting story?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
My strangest hunting story happened about 6 years ago while I was deer hunting.? It was about 10 am when I was sitting in my tree stand.? I had seen about five deer but nothing within shooting distance.? I decided to get out of my stand and walk through the woods to see if I could jump one up or see any bedding spots.? After about 10 minutes, I was about 30 yards inside the woods from an open field when I looked up and seen a nice doe sprinting across the field right towards me.? I immediately froze, waiting for the doe to get closer.? As she was quickly approaching, she made a quick right turn just before entering into the woods.? I raised my shotgun and fired one shot, nothing......I then fired a second shot which dropped the doe in her tracks,? she immediately fell to the ground motionless.? I sat there and watched her for about ten seconds, and then started to approach.? I walked about 10 yards when she got up and started to run again, like nothing happened!!! :o? I was so shocked that I just sat there and watched as she ran over a hill and out of my site. ???? I walked over to the direct spot where I dropped her and found NO blood!? I started to track where I watched her run away, and still nothing!? I searched about another 100 yards, and still found nothing.? I don't know what happened or where she went , but she should have got an Oscar award for a great acting job.

What is your strangest or wildest hunting story????
« Last Edit: July 07/24/06, 08:02:30 AM by Leech Angler »