Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: a good mornings coyote hunt  (Read 5060 times)

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
The coyotes are starting to respond to calling after deer season.

I got these before noon on 12-9-08

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Great job on the hunt, good looking yotes, looks like a couple of bruisers in there too. 
                                          :archery:
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Great pics!  :happy1:

We're just about to get geared up to start calling the yotes here in Southern MN. Only about a week or so to go.

Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I wished our yotes looked like that. The ones I get resemble sheep. What you been useing for call?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
thats some sweet looking dogs..what gun you shooting, any decoy? calls?

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
ruger 22-250 55 gr hand loads, snipe pod sticks, older fox pro e-caller

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
55 gr that seems to be what my 220 swift likes also. When I load for lil'bros 22-250 seems to like the lighter bullets.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
Heres a couple more on a full moon hunt.

yah I left the gun sit and walked out to pick up the fox and had to catch it :oops1:

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
try agian :sorry:

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
NDGUY you're on a roll  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/08, 01:58:42 PM by sjohnnie26 »
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
NDGUY your on a roll  :happy1:

I'd say!

Nice to see some fur hittin' the ground!
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
hay all kind of new at prededer/dog hunting did it 1 time long time ago at night LOVED it going to pick it up cant stand beeing in this house any more with wife 3 kids, 2 grils 1 boy the jungest my hunting bud he is 16 my oldest grils boy friend inlaw and my home less friend and it is only 1-11-09 what is it 240 somthing days till deer opener bow that is! First thing what kind of cover farm land,swamp ,woods iam in the citys. Gun got a 12ga .06 22cal and more I dont have anthing close to a 223 need new rifle? HEHE all ready doing that deer rifle for my boy no me I dont know? By the way are lighted reticles leagal in MN? Calling can we use elctronic I travel light I had 1 call I could do a mouse cherp, as my friend said 1 time (a dead rabbit call) i asked what does that sound like? and a crow with it or just have fun with it waking up the hole house dam they all loved that I think it got thrown out! so it looks like I need every thing but camo what are the finer points?
Hunt hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean!

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
CV,

You can use electronic all you want, but you cannot use lights to blast 'em. You'll have to go sun-up, sundown, or moonlit nights.

Truthfully I don't know what the best calls are, but I have an electronic call, and a few mouth calls and they seem to work good. It seems like from talking to people that the raspier the voice is on the cottontail/jackrabbit the better?? Also, keep your mouth calls close to your body when out on real cold days as they will freeze up if you do not.

Good luck
Alex
-WC Fields

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
what about a new years eve noise maker cant get more raspier than that I can do all 3 cals with it how real dont know it sounds good to me and what about a real bob cat hat (cant realy tell it is a bobcat) I think it would make a great decoy the only prob I see is it would pin point me out going to use my 12 ga (and my .06 for now shot placment) witch is better the day or the night I found a good spot an old rock quary got a tall hill on the road side the way I will take in over looking the open part on the south side I will looking N playing the sun on the other side woods that go in to a swamp I sean track down in there deer hunting but didnt pay atension to what thay were wernt deer what do U think good plan?
Hunt hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean!

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
trout whisperer author/guide

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
 :sorry:TW not the best

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
well howl sumpthin up brother.......show me your stuff..........
trout whisperer author/guide

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
what about a new years eve noise maker cant get more raspier than that I can do all 3 cals with it how real dont know it sounds good to me and what about a real bob cat hat (cant realy tell it is a bobcat) I think it would make a great decoy the only prob I see is it would pin point me out going to use my 12 ga (and my .06 for now shot placment) witch is better the day or the night I found a good spot an old rock quary got a tall hill on the road side the way I will take in over looking the open part on the south side I will looking N playing the sun on the other side woods that go in to a swamp I sean track down in there deer hunting but didnt pay atension to what thay were wernt deer what do U think good plan?

I don't know about a new yrs noise maker? I'm sure it may call a few in just out of curiosity but I think something more realistic would work better. Something that sounds more like dinner. They can tell the difference.

Night time/day time is a horse apiece. I have had better luck with getting a response after dark but not always on getting a shot. Dusk/dawn seems to get a bit of both.
~Thomas Jefferson