Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mauer wins MVP!  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldnt happen to a nicer NY Yankee! ;) :whistling: ;D  JK..... Wow... MVP, Batting title and a gold glove in one season!  I think we truly take him for granted here... Im afraid he's just up'd his value to where even if we do sign him we wont be able to afford many other quality players... kind of a mixed blessing....

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
oh, he'll be gone... yes, yankees will sign him to replace george posada.
then after he wins his ring, he'll come back to MN
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Love can turn to hate real quick afther something like that. I love Maure - unless he leaves.
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah John, but by the time we get him back, he'll have to kick Morneau out of that DH spot that he'll be in, unless they turn him into a first basemen.... I dont see how the Twinkees will be able to afford him... hate to say it, but I really think we should trade him while we can get something really nice in return, instead of doing the Gaborik/Hunter/Moss thing and let him go and then say "whoops... well we tried"...and then have nothing! :doah:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
The Twins will sign him to an extension before the 2010 season starts.  He means as much to the Twins as Kirby did.  The Twins did make Kirby the highest paid player in baseball (if only for a short while before others passed him up).  With the new stadium opening next year, there will be increased revenue.  They will sign him!   ;)
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
He'll stay. He is a king here. I think he likes us as much as we like him... I hope!
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
The Twins will sign him to an extension before the 2010 season starts.  He means as much to the Twins as Kirby did.  The Twins did make Kirby the highest paid player in baseball (if only for a short while before others passed him up).  With the new stadium opening next year, there will be increased revenue.  They will sign him!   ;)

What Dennis and guy that hunts said.
And ultimately he'll go to the place that he thinks will make him happiest. He can play wherever he wants. If money is what makes him happy he'll go to the the Yankees or Boston. Actually I think he's right where he wants to be but we will see. I'll enjoy watching him wherever he goes but I sure hope it's here.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Would you guys sign Mauer if it meant not bolstering the team to improve the weaknesses we have in other positions?  Dont get me wrong, Joey's my favorite player in the game, but Morneau has said that Mauer isnt so concerned about being the highest paid catcher in Baseball as he is concerned that the Twins wont be able to put a competitive team on the field that is able to contend ....

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
The Twins can pay Mauer and still field a talented team.

Twins paid Kirby in 1989 and won the world series in 1991.

Kirby was the first $3 million a year baseball player.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/14/sports/baseball-sports-of-the-times-kirby-puckett-is-a-rich-man.html

We would have been a great team in 1996 if Kirby didn't have to retire that year because of glaucoma.  Molitor said both he and Puck were pumped going into the 1996 season about the talent on the Twins before Kirby's glaucoma kicked in.

The Twins are a lot smarter club now then in the late 90's when we didn't scout well or invest in their assets and were a bottom dweller.  Sure they let Santana go, but he only pitched once every 5 days and didn't bat.  Yes, they let Hunter go, but we had young talented guys to fill in his spot in the line-up.  Just think, we wouldn't have Denard playing here if Hunter was still here.  He got his chance after Hunter left.

There would be a ton of upset Twins fans if Joe Mauer (hometown kid) goes to another club when his contract is up.  I see them signing him to a long term deal (heavy on the back end) then possibly trading him late in that contract (if we are not competitive).

The Twins are selling a record number of season tickets!  They have a ton of other revenue generating things built into the new stadium.  The Twins didn't get much from the metrodome.  They will make more money this year then ever before.  That means they can start to pay to keep some players finally.

I am a dreamer!  Don't kill my dream!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I don't know if they will keep him, but they should have the money to do it and they better start spending a little more with the new stadium.  I don't mind if we don't go out and sign big free agents, but we need to spend some money to keep some of our own.  The Vikings are not afraid to spend money and neither are the Wolves even though they are terrible.  I thinks it's time for the baseball team to do the same.