Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Some real pricks out there.  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Stopped at the rest stop just south of Alexandria on Saturday to stretch and use the bathroom, only to come out to an empty truck. Fish house, auger, vex, and rods, all gone. Beware of  the :censored: thieves. When the state trooper came, he said I was the 20th person roughly at the same rest stop to be taken advantage of. Beware fellow anglers. This is when high deductibles suck!  :cry:

Tyler

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sorry man........ that sure sounds like a crappy day......
trout whisperer author/guide

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
That is so creepy. I sure hope they catch them - it can't be that tough if you're the 20th victim in the same spot.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I hope they catch them! :fudd:
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Lets run a sting!   :oops1:  :sorry:  :fudd:  :bow:
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
there is a moral to this story...and its a painful one.....you were at the wayside rest .....inside taking care of bizzness...and your stuff was unsecured.......you should really take better care of your crap...

all kidding aside......i will donate to your loss......you want some tip ups.....or a minnow bucket you pm me...no smoke....ill toss in a mora auger.......when we get ripped off that is pretty base.....and if that has happened there that many times.....who is the local co in that area......tell them to put up there stuffed deer.......or fake fish house.....how about the local co catches the crud that rippped ya off......let me know...tw

trout whisperer author/guide

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at the rest stop just south of Alexandria on Saturday to stretch and use the bathroom, only to come out to an empty truck. Fish house, auger, vex, and rods, all gone. Beware of  the :censored: thieves. When the state trooper came, he said I was the 20th person roughly at the same rest stop to be taken advantage of. Beware fellow anglers. This is when high deductibles suck!  :cry:

Tyler

Tyler, sorry to hear this happend.  Makes my stomach sink thinking about it.  I live west of Alex. about 20 miles.  I'll try to keep my ears open if I hear anything.  It's doubtful, but ya never know.  PM me with the details, and I'll do what I can.

What really gets me is this has happend 20 times?  In the same place?  Unreal!  You'd think law enforcement would set up their own sting to bust these guys.  Obviously they need the money pretty bad, and there's only one reason people need money that bad!  So you'd think they'd want to get these guys asap!  Heck I'll even be the decoy if they want! 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate thieves!!!   :archery:

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know the moral to the story...But when ya gotta go, you gotta go.  :bonk: Thanks TW for your offering, I'm going to see what I can do with insurance first, then i'll get back to you. I used to live in Alex for a few years for school, and I don't remember hearing about this ever up there. Things change. =/

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
This is really not kool. I think a sting should be tried?  is there any cameras at this rest stop?
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
That's sick, sorry to hear about your loss man. After that many times you would think a sting would go up.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
There's a camera inside the waiting area, thats about it. Tapes already reviewed. And I have a degree in law enforcment. State troopers are good for three things. Sitting and bs'ing on the side of the road with one another, speed traps, and pulling commercial vehicles(my job) over. They aren't going to do anything, sent a letter to the county like everyone else. See what Douglas CO has in store.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
well good luck to ya !
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
That sucks man!  Sounds like time for some vigilante justice.  training-087 How frustrating nobody does anything to these people no wonder they keep doing it. Even if they get caught most of them get a slap on the wrist and are back at it in a couple days.

Offline DroptineDC18

• Outdoorsman
It should be like way way back when.  Theft's penalty is getting one's hands chopped off.
"One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat." -Napoleon Hill

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Sorry, but I would get a bud and set up my own sting..same time, same place, different weekend. Believe me, I would do my best to crush this SOB. Trust me, he would be the one yelling..CALL THE COPS training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree... even if ya dont beat the crap out of em it would be really cool to just bust the bastard doin it yourself.... not a cop... real joes surrounding him with a bat in hand may turn his ways better than a slap on the wrist from a cop that dosent care.... Unless ya have a gal in the car, I dont use those reststops unless ya go in separatly so someones watchin the rig.... hit sideroads!  I know its easy to say after,  but yeah, too many  :censored: in the world to be that trusting... its gonna happen.  Sorry man....

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
It might even be more ridiculing to go a non-violent route. Get about 100 of us there to one by one explain to this person/s why we think they are a chit stain on outdoors peoples undies.....
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Cattle prod-curdle their milk.   ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline IronRack

• Outdoorsman
I'm thining that making them feel badly will do nothing to these guys. Obviously they don't have a conscience or this isn't what they would be doing in their spare time. I'm with Woody, let's make a bloody pulp mess outta these a-holes! That should make them think twice about ripping a guys heart and soul out of the back of his truck....

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
You guys can tell them how much they suck and I will punc them in the face. Sound like a plan?  :happy1:
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
how about you just put a bomb in a fishouse and when he drives off boom. wait a while to let him get close to his stash and then boom. go in reclaim all the stolen property. or a gps tracking device if your the non violent type. a co did this with a beaver once to catch a poacher that was leaving his traps too long. (the tracking device not the bomb) ha
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
That GPS tracking thing would be a good idea. I've heard they aren't that cheap. I'm sure the sherriff would have something like that so my ? is if it's been happening regularly, why havn't they done something like that?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Leave a cell that has the tracking on it in the fish house. Find the nut jobs house and watch the po po take him away.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Herm

• Outdoorsman
DHUNTER Sorry to hear about your loss..

I would just like to advise everyone that it is a good idea to take pictures of your equipment, Make sure you get one of serial numbers as well. Also it is a good idea to mark your equipment with your initials. I know it seems like a lot of work but in the case some creep takes your equipment it can really help Law Enforcement Officers locate your belongings. Officers run across things they suspect are stolen a lot, however if they run the serial number and it comes up clear they really have no choice but to give the person the equipment back. 
Once again DHUNTER sorry to hear about your loss, I hope that your equipment turns up!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 So has any thing ever turned up as far as  stolen gear or has any one else been robbed at this rest area?