Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just some pics for you guys to look at!!!!!  (Read 5130 times)

Offline huntingmaxima

• Outdoorsman
Just some pics.

This was todays catch.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Wow that fox in the middle photo is beautiful.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice Haul and a good days work!!! :archery:    :woot:
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
How do you kill your trapped animals?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I didnt realize there were so many fox in the woods. I have only ever seen one twice. Thats pretty cool.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job. Are the pelts prime yet?

I think he has the fox in his area cause not as many yotes. Do you have very many greys in your area? Out here it's just a few in some of the bigger woods.
« Last Edit: October 10/30/09, 08:11:28 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline huntingmaxima

• Outdoorsman
Griz, we have a feww greys here. but we cannot get rid of those darn yotes.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wow  are trapping around the st.cloud area?  I live 20 miles from cloud town and I havent seen that many fox in a long time and such good color. Round here we have been having alot of yotes with mange lately but don't see any fox any more.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I been out a bit myself.

Gotta like that grin he's got going. The coon to his left he thought was big enough, I should ride it. I been letting the smaller coon go as the buyer won't take them anyway. That reminds me I gotta build a catch pole as I'm getting tired of releasing them by hand.

I don't have any pics at the set as I learned the hard way cameras and water are not a good combo. No matter how careful you are things just get wet.

It hasn't been a big line just something to do for part of the day and take the boy with on W/E's. He is liking it more and more all the time. Two yrs ago he was kinda scared of mink an coon due to them screaming and growling at us. Now he wants to handle the mink but thinks the coon are a bit big yet, at least he don't run from them anymore.

The coon seem to be way down around my area, I think due to some distemper. Mink are spotty which has kept my percentage down about half of what it usually is. Rats seem to be down in the rivers and streams while a good population holds in the small ponds.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Nice pics Griz :happy1:  Ya you have to practice so you dont get rusty.When the prices turn you should be in good shape to make some gas money any way. Hopefully things start swinging the right direction soon.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
You could call it rusty but it's more like forgetfulness. One tends to forget the little things that make a big difference.It also keeps a person on top of what the populations are. The line I got the fur in the pic from has been pulled. Due to population levels, granted the rats were good but the mink an coon should be double what I got. The new line I set out seems to be better. Not quite as many rats, coon are about the same but expect it to improve as the corn gets picked. Mink on the other hand is about where I expect it to be. I only had one check so far with 16 mink but it appears to be where it should be.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline huntingmaxima

• Outdoorsman
Great job Griz. Keep the young one involved. Still playing around alittle. Think seem to be picking up , i think it is because there is less cover now. Corn and beans are being harvested.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
huntingmaxima,
We need to make some plans to eraticate beavers.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***