Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Markets for wild mushrooms, herbs, roots and such  (Read 2740 times)

Offline 5Rivers Jim

I am looking for a way to sell my excess mushrooms, medicinal herbs, and other foraged products to wholesalers or local market buyers. Last year I picked 96 pounds of Morel's, and altho I ate my fill I still wish I could have sold some of them for a little extra cash to help with gas etc. Anyone have an leads to markets that are available via the internet, or local buyers? I live on Wisconsin's West Coast around La Crosse.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes there is a market for shrooms, ginseng and goldenseal that I know of. I can't remember the name of the place but it's near St. cloud that buys mushrooms. If I remember correct they will not buy chicken o the woods. My brother found a market for them though, it's not very big but they take what we got. They also buy puffballs.

All the fur buyers I know buy seng and some goldenseal. Other than that I don't know of markets but they are out there.

I don't know of any big market place for them other than seng which is sold at auctions. I am wondering now, if there is such buyers/brokers for wild shrooms?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline mahmoodmahi

• Outdoorsman
If you want to make the drive to the twin cities, and you have a decent supply of mushrooms, you can try selling to retailers and restaurants. Also I believe that there is a co-op in still water that buys morels during the season, though I don't remeber the name, I will PM you if i can find out where in still water it is.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
There is a mushroom farm by st.joesph minnesota if this helps you at all.   I can get the number if you need it. Might be a good information connection.