Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What happened to our Twinkee's?!!  (Read 2057 times)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
What is this?  My Beloved Twins have chucked the small ball theory out the window and have gone tater crazy! :bow: :woot: :dancinred:  I know, I know first series.... But everyone is pumping HR's out of the park like its a softball league... I predict Nicky Punto will hit five HR's this season, all at Target Field..... ;)

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I know, they are just cranking them out of the park.  I dont mind the quick runs up on the board.  I agree, I think this is our year.  We have a great team and great potential.  I think the key now-a-days is to be able to hit the home runs.  Small ball works, but in the play offs, it those big hits, usually homeruns or deep doubles that win those key games down the stretch (OR SO IT ALWAYS SEEMS)!

:USA:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Great home opener! :dancinred:  Wonder if we'll get our first rain out today?  Not a bad looking clubhouse to hole up in and wait out the rain playin cribbige from what I saw on the pre-game stuff yesterday! :bow: :happy1:  I gotta get down there for a game quick and also to get a Murray's steak sandwich or a Rex burger! :chef: :happy1:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn!  I dont know how many of you got to catch yesterdays day game, but Liriano was off the charts SICK! :bow:  He made the r-sox look el stupido! :doah:  On top of that, my guy Punto hit two doubles, & one hit the top of that 6ft wall... should have been a HR! :whistling: I think there's 5 guys with 2 HR's now.... GOTTA GET OUT TO A GAME! :woot:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
We did alot better in the first 3 series than I thought.  The @ the Angels and White Sox and then home against the Red Sox.  Those are three pretty darn good teams and we won all three series'.  Now we get the Royals and Indians, so lets hope that we can keep the streak going.

:happy1:  I cant wait to get to Target Field.  I have only heard good things about it.   :happybounce:

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
This is a different team this year.  We can beat teams by hitting as long as you don't count Punto.

I am excited to go to a game at the new stadium, it looks great on tv.  Are we done complaining about the lack of a roof and the fact that the public had to pay for part of it?

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hitting isnt why Punto is on the team... but its a big bonus when he gets a hot bat a few times a year, and there's not too many better at getting an extra base out of a single or a double... The guys have been hitting the long ball well.... seems like they could get better at getting hits with guys on the bases though.  Yeah, not too many complaining bout the new digs right now... Jason Davis (I think thats his name :scratch:) had a pretty big article in the trib about how we all had the wool pulled over our eyes with the stadium... the naysayers are there, but theyre just quiet right now, wait till we lose a few games or the park gets a little empty in a few years.... or we get a really rainy week.... we'll be hearing from them again. ;)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG!  Frankie (sweet music) Liriano was looking like our ace, big gun, Mr. Nasty, top dog & #1 starter again.... 10K's! :bow:  Mr. Raush's not lookin too bad either for a guy that doesnt break that 95mph mark... pretty smart pitcher... :happy1:  Pitching staff is looking better than I expected, now lets see how they handle the long haul..... :popcorn:  Shure hope Justin & Nicky are gonna be ok.....