Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good products to use, for putting those guns away for the season  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Time for many of us to put atleast some of our guns away for the season

anybody have a product you think stands out as top quality for storing your firearm?

www.theinhibitor.com

Anybody try this stuff?

They say it is outstanding for preventing rust

I still like old Hoppies #9...I think it's the smell

Rem-Oil

I even like the old standard 3 in 1 oil

What products do you use?

One I don't like and won't use anymore...Rusty duck...makes the bluing look streaked and funky
« Last Edit: December 12/01/06, 05:51:22 AM by Bufflehead »
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
good ole hoppes #9 for me.

careful, the smell causes cancer in California.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
"the smell causes cancer in California."

Wew! thanks for the heads up...LMAO
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
the way I figure that is... anything that tastes or smells good always is bad for you... and california seems to act like their own country with in a country... so I am sure it's banned somehow out there.  ;D
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? if hoppes # 9 is so bad maybe thats why my ole pop only lived to be 83? that smell will get ya in the end ?  if all else fails good old water displacement # 40 does it for me.
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I got you all beat, I save all my Q tips from the year and use them to swab down my gun barrels at the end of the season. nothing like good ol natural earwax to keep iron oxidization at bay ;D

wait til you see the cool pair of chopper liners I knitted out of the fuzz collected from my B-button  8)
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
CLENZOIL  There aint NOTHING better I also like R.G.S.

as far as smell goes CLENZOIL  is about the as good as it gets,,,,

Not saying anything bad about ole #9 I just stopped using after I saw with my own eyes how much it don't get clean.
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Jigglestick,

You are a sicko!

Funny, funny!  ;D
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I use GunScrub to clean everything out, then LPS #2 to lub it up.

G96 works great as well, but I have to agree if you want the old traditional smell permeating through the house use the Hoppies #9.

WD 40 is a fair choice but it is a penatrating oil and over time will build up and cause dust and grime to stick to every nook and crany it gets into.

It has been used for years and years though, so if that's what you prefer then it is better than not cleaning and lubing at all.

At the rifle sight in this year we has several people show up and pull out a rifle that was rusted shut.

A couple nice collector rifles as well, when asked what they used to clean it they all said they just wiped it down and didn't clean it first.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D :) hey benny! that last tid bit reminds me of when i was in the service, we had to take our weapons with us everywere we went even to the shower. :laugh: that is the true way of seeing if you cleaned and oiled your weapon. :laugh: :laugh:
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, I remember that myself.
That weapon went to the shower,the crapper,bed,PT, absolutly everywhere!!!

Try carring a SAW, dam thing weighted a ton and it was a bear to clean.

Being a farm boy from the Minnesota they always gave it to me to carry, but gramps always said it was still better than the BAR or the 30 cal's.

My dealer has a BAR with full complement of accessories like the bi pod, carry handle, action cover and a few others.
Man that's a heavey weapon.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"