Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: well ill post a pic of my bear i got last fall  (Read 2595 times)

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman

179 field dressed
i have forgot to post some pics of it becouse i was not a member to this site during hunting season

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
GREAT bear!!!!
Is there a story?  Please share.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Awesome Lentz!  :happy1:

Congrats to you.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :happy1:-Way to go!!!    :Clap: :Clap:  Tell us how you did it.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
my grandpa transferred his bear tag to me (WI) and they can use dogs to chase them up a tree. the plan was to go up there friday saturday and sunday but my cousin who was first in line to shoot a bear (he's like 26 or so ) got his bear wednesday first day of the season so plans changed now im going up there thursday - sunday i leave Wednesday night and we went out thursday and no baits were hit. we drove on the gravel roads by the places my grandpas group had permission to hunt and we saw fresh tracks and bear crap on the roads it took a while for the dogs to get on the scent. right when we got on it the dog ran threw a corn field and out onto the street and almost got hit by a car coming over the hill. after a few min when a few of the other dogs were on the same trail we released the majority of them probably 8 or 9 dogs. then in about 30 min later the bear was treed luckily for me he was close to the road so it helped keep the running low. i asked my grandpa where the best spot is to shoot it because of the position in the tree. it was neck like he said the day before. one problem when i took the shot i hit the bear in the paw so it did not have as good of penetration when it hit the neck. it fell out of the tree i jacked another round in the chamber to get another shot in the neck as it jumps up and then it runs into the corn field they release the dogs and i was waiting for it to come out but it ran threw it and into a group of trees on the other side. i unload my gun throw it in the case then we drive over to where it treed again while running i only loaded 3 shots in the gun i shoot it again it falls and while it is falling i shot it in the guts (fudge) and when it got up from the ground i shot and missed. while chasing it threw the woods i loaded a shot it turned broadside and i popped one in the heart.

someone got this all on film and im not sure when im going to get the video need to talk to him