Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pray for this girl! - Gun safety reminder!!!  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I'm not putting this here to judge anyone. I am just putting this here as a reminder to all of us who own guns. GUN SAFETY!! And to say a prayer for this little girl!

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — An 11-year-old girl is in the hospital after an accident with a handgun that involved the girl’s father pulling the trigger.

It happened at the family’s home near Braham, Minn., in Pine County on Thursday night.

The father was using a 22-caliber pistol for target practice outside when the gun jammed. He took it inside to try and fix the problem and that’s when the gun went off.

A bullet hit his daughter, Maddy Montanye, in the head. She was sitting on the other side of the room at the time.

The girl was conscious when police arrived.

She is being treated at Hennepin County Medical Center and is in critical condition.

The girl’s grandma said that she is stable and the family is optimistic about her recovery, but said she is not out of the woods yet.

Her grandmother also said that Maddy’s father, Jesse Montanye, is incredibly upset over what happened.

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
prayers sent i hope she has a full and healthy recovery
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.