Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Up coming 11 trapping season  (Read 2537 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If any of you are considering trying trapping or thinking about starting again this next up coming season might be a good time to do it. From what I have been seeing and hearing the fur prices are up and there isnt much inventory sitting around any more so the next season really looks good. Start thinking now and you have all summer to pick up gear at swap meets and auctions. Just a thought to any one thinking about it .

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
If any of you are considering trying trapping or thinking about starting again this next up coming season might be a good time to do it. From what I have been seeing and hearing the fur prices are up and there isnt much inventory sitting around any more so the next season really looks good. Start thinking now and you have all summer to pick up gear at swap meets and auctions. Just a thought to any one thinking about it .

Yes Next year will have higher price on fur This last winner I bought 6,000.00 in fur and this coming year I am looking at 10,000.00 in fur This is just for me making fur hats boots, mitts, slipper, As i know you are right on there are not much in inventory sitting around, as some of the guys I go throw are low if not out, as some of the hide are in being tanned,

I know some of you know this But I also will take your tannd hide and make you a hator boots for less then if I have to buy them You can keep them for you or you can give then out for X-mas gifts,

I know the price on hides are going up and yes my price will do the same, so if you could and have some hides in being tanned and you are in the market for a fur hat mitts boots you can save $$ now then waiting in till next winner,     

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes things are looking favorable in the hide prices on most items. However come next fall things can be different. Not meaning to sound pessemisitic(sp) but the market is very selective on most items. Example would be coon the A and B colors sold real well, while the C,D colors were discounted to nearly half of the price A,B's.

The biggest jump I think was in the long haired furs such as fox and yote, showing good clearance and advance in price. Everything went up with the exception of rats which were at an all time high last yr. Now this yr everyone and their brother is out after spring rats where allowed and they are taking a bunch of them. How big the market is for them will determine what to expect next fall. If the demand is equal to the supply the market will hold. Most people have no idea how many spring rats are being taken. I'm helping a buyer put some up and he figure this yr he would double what he buys most yrs. Well turns out he bought that many in one day. I really don't know how big the market for them is but they are all being bought by the chinese. There are are many people in that country so it might well be the demand is there. It really boils down to the economy over there if they have the extra money to spend on luxury items such as fur.

I expect most items to hold ground or advance some price wise. Rats would be my ??. My personal opinion is they will still be worth good money but will not be at the same level as today.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks wildlife and griz for your in put, I go by a magazine and from people talking so alot of times as far as prices for this area arent very acurate. Its nice to have some locals chime in and put things in percpective. I just want to see more people involved and keep this sport alive.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Thanks wildlife and griz for your in put, I go by a magazine and from people talking so alot of times as far as prices for this area arent very acurate. Its nice to have some locals chime in and put things in percpective. I just want to see more people involved and keep this sport alive.

You are  ::welcome::