Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spider Wire  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
What have you found that will cut Spider-wire Braided line nice and clean?
I have tried a good scissors, finger nail trimmers and toe nail clippers but it always leaves a fraid end.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Just use some chapstick after you cut it....should rebind the fray together.  ;)
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline Angstman

• Outdoorsman
I use a small wire cutter. If it frays, I just burn the end with a lighter.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
after a couple years using braided spiderwire, i switched back to regular mono. i love its strength but its a pain in the neck to thread a smaller bobber or the lindy weedless slip weight and the knots dont always hold. i used knife and it seemed to work for the most part

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
They make scissors for braided line. You can get a decent pair for around $5. Makes nice clean cuts.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.