Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 110991 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
     It looks as if we will have two members returning to the MNO Hall of Fame.  Congratulations team "Ice Walkers". 

DDS Nice job on the Ice challenge, All so nice job on the hall of fame thread, but you know Lee and Big slick are returning winner from last year, there will be 4 name after this challenge,  :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   It sure was fun.  I thought my team was going to be able to catch you guys in March.  Big LOW gators then on to my crappie spot for a 14-15 incher.  Just plain ran out of ice 1 wk too soon.  Oh well, bring on the :cold: and we will do it again next year.  :happy1: ;D.  It just goes to show 80" is very possible.  My bet for next years winning score will be 82".
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Congratulations to the winners. Corny - some nice looking pike.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wow No comment form BB!! Or is he still taking a nap?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    That would be BB** and that would be a victory nap.   :king:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
What would you like me to say?

Other then to point out that I am and will always be the only one to have won both the open water  :fishing2:  and the hard water challenge inaugural events.  :snow5:    :king:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
What would you like me to say?

Other then to point out that I am and will always be the only one to have won both the open water  :fishing2:  and the hard water challenge inaugural events.  :snow5:    :king:

That my friend can never be replicated. :bow:  Congratulations!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Regrets about this years ice challenge

1)  First year we have little or no ice.
     2)  My team did not win.
     3)  My partners lid blew away when he had the big pike.
     4)  The sun reflected of my lid with my 15" crappie making the pic unusable.  ;)
     5)  My mailbox is filled up everyday with Wildlifeminnesota's lids asking for 5 $.
     6)  Lee's gout gets aggravated in cold weather.  Keeping him in the garage all winter.
     7)  We didn't have Greatoutdoors to smack around.  I have a fondness for ankle biters.
     8)  The General started  :surrender: before it even started.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Regrets about this years ice challenge

1)  First year we have little or no ice.
     2)  My team did not win.
     3)  My partners lid blew away when he had the big pike.
     4)  The sun reflected of my lid with my 15" crappie making the pic unusable.  ;)
     5)  My mailbox is filled up everyday with Wildlifeminnesota's lids asking for 5 $.
     6)  Lee's gout gets aggravated in cold weather.  Keeping him in the garage all winter.
     7)  We didn't have Greatoutdoors to smack around.  I have a fondness for ankle biters.
     8)  The General started  :surrender: before it even started.

That some funny reading  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and now got you in to the hall of fame under the  unknown fact  as the best ensues ever!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I thought I might get your attention.  Good luck wildlife.  Back to back championships would get you bragging rights big time.  Unless you are on my team you will have to work harder for this one. ;D ;D

Boy this came true,  :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    There is only one way into the MNO Hall of Fame.  Your team must win a fishing challenge.  We now have a couple of repeat winners.   The competition is going to get harder every year.  The bar is continually getting raised.  (I also just noticed the ati-47 accounted for the top walleye spot in last years freshwater challenge and finished 3/4 of an inch behind the top walleye in the ice fishing challenge).   :scratch: :scratch:   :whistling:  I'm really happy with that. :king:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   There is only one way into the MNO Hall of Fame.  Your team must win a fishing challenge.  We now have a couple of repeat winners.   The competition is going to get harder every year.  The bar is continually getting raised.  (I also just noticed the ati-47 accounted for the top walleye spot in last years freshwater challenge and finished 3/4 of an inch behind the top walleye in the ice fishing challenge).   :scratch: :scratch:   :whistling:  I'm really happy with that. :king:

Then it looking like you never get in!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
We have 4 repeat winner  :sorry: :oops1: No I am not!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/12, 10:13:50 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Be careful.  That was real close to saying we have 4 repeat wieners.   :whistling: ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   Be careful.  That was real close to saying we have 4 repeat wieners.   :whistling: ;D

You best look again, Are you calling us wiener  :scratch:  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   No, unless you are lucky enough to be on my team this summer, I will call you a pigeon that will be plucked one feather at a time.  :Turkey:  :coffee:  :toast:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You know DDS plucked feather Will not get you in the Hall of fame in "MNO Fishing Challenge"  But catching  fish will!!  :rotflmao: No wonder you  :surrender: ever year!!!  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Look what I found!!!  Judge DDS

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
O-ya the Hammer judge Fawkinnae!!!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Let get to party stated!!!!  :dancinred: :blues brothers: :drinking:

Kenhuntin, Fawkinnae, DDS, Wildlife Minnesota
« Last Edit: March 03/30/12, 08:26:59 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's comin' back to me now... I thought it was a dream.
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Thanks for posting the photos. After all this time I finally feel like I've had a real chance to meet some of the actual MNO characters. Borgie also mentioned that the boys are quite handsome, especially that one guy standing there. I said do you mean .............? and she answered yes.

Well, I'll let you guys fight it out as to who ..............is.

"It must be me :happy1:  No! she's talkin bout me training-087     I don't think it's me :cry:    We all know it' me fellas :rotflmao:  Your nuts bro, just look at yourself" :puke:
« Last Edit: March 03/30/12, 12:03:15 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    It is official.  Team Ice walkers takes first ever MNO Ice fishing challenge.  Two wins in a row for Wildlife Minnesota.  Congratulations. :happy1:  Too bad the golden horeshoe had to be surgically removed.  He will find it a little tougher this summer.  Unless he is on my team of course.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I thought I might get your attention.  Good luck wildlife.  Back to back championships would get you bragging rights big time.  Unless you are on my team you will have to work harder for this one. ;D ;D

you are starting to sound like a broken record!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DDS it look like you never win Unless you are on my team,,

"ICE WALKER 2011 ICE  fishing champing   :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You just know how to get my attention!!  :cold: Now all so you know I Ice fish Walleye, pike, bass, but You may have me bet in the little fish ( pan fish} As I fish less for the little guys, But I could just pull this off with a perch as walleye love perch and perch love live bait!!  :moon:

I just  :scratch: who you would want to be on your team As I may take this back to back challenge!!!  ;D  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Looking back to some old post and boy look how true this post was....

"ICE WALKER""   :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Borgie also mentioned that the boys are quite handsome, especially that one guy standing there. I said do you mean .............? and she answered yes.

Right back at you babe!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
that guy in the photo looks flaming in a rainbow sort of way, just saying. :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood