Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Important notice for all ice fishing competitors.  (Read 18815 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Well Lee if ya go to a hockey game as a fan there is a good chance you are going to get hit with a puck or two...  :rotflmao:

That was a good analogy Bobby. :Clap: "With age comes wisdom" :bow:
« Last Edit: December 12/02/11, 09:12:30 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
This is very important.   All the pictures of Minnesota caught walleye and pike will need to be posted up now.  The big game season is over and to insure that fish are in season when caught we need them posted.  You will have 2 days.  After that all walleye and pike pics will need a date and  location along with the pic.  Example -pike upgrade team #1 3/16/2012  Lake of the Woods- season open year round.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Faw.Kinn’ae
Change the rules mid season, now really who has time on their hands to think of this rules change!!  :scratch:

What going to be next, I know let said you cannot post any fish photos that you catch fish in a slotted limit lake,

Now really is this fair, NO!! If you are going to Change the rules mid season, it should apply to all!!

So really tell us why it so bad that someone is out caching pan fish and catch a pike and take a photos and them put it back in the lake, It the same thing as caching a fish in a slotted limit lake,
Like a bass pike and a walleye that I caught on Monday, I photo it and then put it back in the lake, So Who really cares, I did not break any laws, No fish was photo for this contest,

Now If you are out to target fish that is in a close season. And you get caught to bad for you and you will pay the pries, that on you!!

I say if you caught a fish Walleye Pike it does not matter If you can photograph it and safely put it back it should qualify!!

So now you are taking a fun contest and making it not as fun. More rules!!
Now that I miss your deadline Do to being tie up with work then I get a e-mail as I was typing a truck hit a power pole well I think you know what the outcome was NO POWER No Computer, For the last 5 hours,

Well I guess that what I get for holding on to photos, Hell I still have not upload them out of my camera,

Just so you all know I not piss, I can hope you can see my point that it should not matter as long as you can photos them safe and return to the lake it should qualify.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/12, 10:58:53 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry about you luck Wildlife.  I think you make some good points.  As I read the regulations on catching fish out of season by accident you are to return them IMMEDIATELY to the lake.  You are not supposed to take pictures and then return them to the lake, however i'm sure many people do and if they are ok with it I don't care as long as the fish lives. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Sorry about you luck Wildlife.  I think you make some good points.  As I read the regulations on catching fish out of season by accident you are to return them IMMEDIATELY to the lake.  You are not supposed to take pictures and then return them to the lake, however i'm sure many people do and if they are ok with it I don't care as long as the fish lives.  

But at the same time If you catch a fish that in the slotted limit you are to IMMEDIATELY to return it to the lake, But most of the time people do take a photo and then return it,

That still can be define as IMMEDIATELY

There is no DNR that will fine you for taking a photo and then releasing it!! Get real,,,  
« Last Edit: March 03/07/12, 10:57:12 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry about you luck Wildlife.  I think you make some good points.  As I read the regulations on catching fish out of season by accident you are to return them IMMEDIATELY to the lake.  You are not supposed to take pictures and then return them to the lake, however i'm sure many people do and if they are ok with it I don't care as long as the fish lives. 

But at the same time If you catch a fist that in the slotted limit you are to IMMEDIATELY But most of the time people do take a photo and then return it,

That still can be define at IMMEDIATELY

I agree, it's a chance you take.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   If you caught a fish in season post it.  The rules state only that it has to be in season.  That is the same as the summer challenge.  You will not be penalized for a late picture.  The suggestion that you state when it was caught and where is for your protection.  No out of season or accidental fish out of season qualify.  There has been no changes to the rules.  Next year some adjustments will be made.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I would like to take a time out here to thank DDS for taking on the thankless task of starting The Ice Fishing Challenge. Sometimes we forget the efforts of those that volunteer and dedicate their time and efforts to keep MNO an interesting site.

DDS has been a total gentleman during some stressful situations and has never lost his cool under fire  :fudd:.  When unexpected criticism and questions are thrown his way he is sincere when he states adjustments can be made in the future. Constructive feedback is always welcomed but, remember.

"You can please some of the people most of the time but, you can't please all of the people all of the time"

Thanks DDS :Clap:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/12, 08:25:45 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Thanks you foir the kind words there Lee**.  They are appreciated but will not get you off the hook in the open water challenge.  (Unless you are on my team of course).  I'm not too worried about Wildlife being angry.  If he hasn't taken the pics off his camera yet he won't have any.  Those memory cards have a way of not being in his camera when he needs them  :oops1:.  Good luck to anybody still fishing.  2nd and 3rd place will be up for grabs soon.  :popcorn: :popcorn:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/12, 02:42:57 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Yes I would have to agree with you Lee DDS is doing a great!!!!!!!!!! Job,  :happy1:

I am not by know meanies Made or piss off, I will not post any fish that was not in open season, when photo,

DDS it not so much not having the card in the camera,  Now have too many cards and can not fine the right one, When I fine it I will post the photo witch was a 28 eye If the judges do not give the  :happy1: I will under stand!! We the ICE WALKER may not need it  :dancinred:

By the way all digit camera have dial loge box that show What camera what lens What apprsher What shutter speed What ICO 100 200 300 400 and up, What date what time, well I think you all get it, But the photo will have to be sent by PM with no modified size,

I am all so  :sorry: for not been on, I have been not feeling so good, I have been biz at the store,

O ya, The DNR stop by and ask me again if I would put a new bid in to make all Minnesota DNR a otter trooper hat, That would be big for me!!  :dancinred:

« Last Edit: March 03/11/12, 12:20:19 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Your fish will count if you can find it.  You will need it.  Team Ice Toad Pluckers will be fishing until the end.  Good luck on the trooper hat bid.  That would be a nice contract for you to get.  I hope to have a couple of upgrades and a suntan ready next Monday. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yes I would have to agree with you Lee DDS is doing a great!!!!!!!!!! Job,  :happy1:

I am not by know meanies Made or piss off, I will not post any fish that was not in open season, when photo,

DDS it not so much not having the card in the camera,  Now have too many cards and can not fine the right one, When I fine it I will post the photo witch was a 28 eye If the judges do not give the  :happy1: I will under stand!! We the ICE WALKER may not need it  :dancinred:

By the way all digit camera have dial loge box that show What camera what lens What apprsher What shutter speed What ICO 100 200 300 400 and up, What date what time, well I think you all get it, But the photo will have to be sent by PM with no modified size,

I am all so  :sorry: for not been on, I have been not feeling so good, I have been biz at the store,

O ya, The DNR stop by and ask me again if I would put a new bid in to make all Minnesota DNR a otter trooper hat, That would be big for me!!  :dancinred:

good luck on your bid!!!!!!! i'm rootin for ya!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :toast: :toast:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!