Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: SW Metro COYOTE HUNTER NEEDS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1777 times)

Offline flowinggardens

• Outdoorsman
I hunt the SW Metro, have a p :help:ack of 8 to 12 coyotes that have been seen together, found 2 dens and have been trying to call them in with no luck, I know now isnt the best time to be trying but want to get rid of them before the pups are born/big enough to hunt, i have no deer or turkeys left and now i am finding them eating raccoons. what is the best stategy for this? is it normal for them to be eating raccoon, they have killed at 6 dogs locally and cattle. need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bait them in....   Then  call me so I can join in all the fun!

Offline erik

• Outdoorsman
all i can say if you need another helper i have a decoy and caller. they have to comeout some time. im located in rosemount/apple valley

Offline flowinggardens

• Outdoorsman
What is the best to use to bait them in? Would a female invite still work? When could i start using a pup in distress call? Any other ideas that might work,  I got permission from a few of the nieghbors to expand my stand sites. Any help is appreciated.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
A pup in distress will work. Could try trapping them. Now that fox and coon season have closed I don't think you would need a lic to trap them. I checked and all I could find was after april 1st your ID doesn't need to be on the trap when going after unprotected animals. Might have to buy a lic if going after them before april1st.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline flowinggardens

• Outdoorsman
Trapping might be the best option, just weary because of the neighbors dogs. We will see, we turkey hunt in 3 weeks and we have had alot of luck calling them into turkey decoys in the past ( by accident) but might try that. :Turkey:

Offline naturalistmn

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Eyes Wide Open
I agree with Griz.   Trap them.   Let the people with the dogs know so they keep the dogs in.   If you want numbers, trappin' is going to be your best bet.   Footholds and snares.   Yotes get call smart really really quick.
Shoot straight and give'em the shaft!

Offline flowinggardens

• Outdoorsman
Thanks for the help, I found out that one of the neighbors has the same call as me and goes out once a week and lets it go for 2-3 hours, he has never hunted b4 so I am guessing that  he isnt using scent control and they probably are avoiding any thing that sounds like that.  I will get in touch with the trapper. This website is awesome, thanks again for the help.