Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Don't shoot collared bears  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
         :reporter; DNR to hunters: Don't :fudd: collared bears :police:

Hunters participating in Minnesota's bear season are reminded to avoid shooting radio-collared research bears, which are marked with large colorful ear tags or colorful streamers.

Hunters are likely to find collared bears in and near Thief Lake Wildlife Management Area; the Agassiz National Wildlife Refuge; the Chippewa National Forest; Camp Ripley; the Cloquet Forestry Station; Voyageurs National Park; and northern St. Louis County between Ely and Tower near the Eagles Nest chain of lakes.

Photos of some collared research bears are available on the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) website at www.mndnr.gov/bear. Any hunters who do shoot collared bears should call the DNR Wildlife Research Office in Grand Rapids at 218-327-4146 or 218-327-4133.

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
Also.. collared bears can be easily identified by the leaf wearing vegan following them around singing songs and crying over the injustice of bears not being allowed to vote.  If you happen to harvest a collared bear these vegans can be quick to turn from their peace loving song singing subaru driving ways and will threaten hunters with acts of buggary. it is advisable to remove the collar and reapply it to a stray dog/cat and to go about you happy way.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Also.. collared bears can be easily identified by the leaf wearing vegan following them around singing songs and crying over the injustice of bears not being allowed to vote.  If you happen to harvest a collared bear these vegans can be quick to turn from their peace loving song singing subaru driving ways and will threaten hunters with acts of buggary. it is advisable to remove the collar and reapply it to a stray dog/cat and to go about you happy way.

:Clap:   :happy1:
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
 :toast: thank you beeker I thought I was the only one tired of this broken record

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
Look here's a few of them right now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm3JodBR-vs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
Wow how neat is that lol theres mountian cougars and mountian beasts in them hills lol this is a aspen tree u can tell that its a aspen because of how it Is lol

That video brightened my day lol

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya me to that bb gun sure can PAC a punch

Oh and remember there pets are wild so don't try to feed em out of your hand because they naturally will