Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a conservation officer  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  :reporter; Ask a conservation officer:

:police: Killing wolves OK only when human life is endangered.

Apr 5, 2015

Q: I saw a wolf in my yard sniffing around near my chicken coop. Is there any action I can take to protect my pets or livestock with these predators around?

A: Due to a recent federal court decision, gray wolves were placed back under the management of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on the endangered species list. Because of this, lethal action can be taken against a wolf only if it is posing an immediate threat to human life. If a pet or livestock animal is taken by a wolf, contact your local conservation officer or the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service office of law enforcement in Duluth at (218) 720-5357. With continued and frequent reports of wolf sightings and incidents, it is recommended that people keep a close eye on their pets and/or animals to try to minimize the risk posed by a wolf before an incident occurs.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again