Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO online store (coming soon)  (Read 7665 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
We are in the process of launching an MNO online store, this feature should be available in the next few hours.

Stay tuned to the main page of the site for this new feature. Payments will be made via Paypal.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I happen to own a couple hats, and stickers from another website-can I trade them in for some MNO goodies?!! :laugh:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I happen to own a couple hats, and stickers from another website-can I trade them in for some MNO goodies?!! :laugh:

As a matter of fact Woody, We can definitely work something out. Now thats funny.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
 :laugh:  I was only kiddin about trading-I wouldn't expect it.  I would gladly purchase some MNO goodies (provided my financial situation improves).    You see, my wife has a bad back, and it's draining us financially.  Been tossing around the idea of tradin her in for a newer model (but not too new).  :o
 Something that still runs good, offers a good ride.  Something without too many dents and dings on the body, although a few scratches I can live with.   And of course something with low maintanence!   ;D

*Thank god she doesn't come to MNO-or this would likely be my last post!  ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D ???  WAY TO GO WOODY? yr wife mite not come onto the site? but maybe one of her gal friends do! married life is like pike fishing with 1 pound line! watch what you do and how you do it ??  ;) :laugh:
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I know how the wife thing works...I've learned the hard way-they have this thing called the "woffia".  It's like the mafia!  They have ears everywhere! Especially in sporting goods departments!  Just when you think you've gotten away with something...you are BUSTED!  :police:  This is why I added the note-it may be my last post!  ;)

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I am excited!  I can't wait to see it (the store not woody getting in trouble from the wife)!! ;D
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
We have been working on this throughout the day, the store will not be launched until tomorrow.

There was a delay with the Paypal account and waiting for Paypal to verify the account, along with configuring the store so that we are happy with it.

We should have it ready tomorrow for viewing only and then full access and ordering at the beginning of the week, once Paypal verifies the account.

Does anyone have another option to use besides Paypal? We are open for ideas?
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Honestly, other than oldschool "paper" forms of payment (cash, USPS Money order) -I won't do anything but paypal for online purchases.  There are others out there, but paypal seems to be the most popular and widely used.  Just my honest opinion.  (And you know what they say about opinions!)  ;D

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
is there a way we can accept credit card payments online?
there are other sites I go to where you pay by credit card.
I dont use paypal myself, but I understand alot of peple do.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
The store is going to use Paypal to process your credit card, but you won't even know it so I guess the answer to your question is yes.

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
good luck with paypal when the seize the account

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn

Whats that supposed to mean? Care to elaborate?

I've never had a problem with Paypal, my account was fine for 2 years, except for the hoax emails asking for my password, Paypal has been good to me.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 they like to seize  whole accounts  while they investigate things  it can take a good 6 months yadda yadda  pay pal is great for personal but for web stuff stay away

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never heard of this before, but then I don't get out from under my rock much.  In todays world I suppose anything is possible.  ::)
 You can use your credit card through pay pal.  It's pretty easy to do.  You can also use your checking account as well. 

I know there's other online banking/bill paying sites out there.  I just haven't used them. 

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont trust paypal in any shape or form.
after Iopened my paypal account, I recieved a ton of paypal emails most of which were fake.
there are alot of other people in the same status as me too. can we have another way to process payment without involving paypal.
I say use paypal AND something else because I realize there are many who for some reason do trut paypal.

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

after Iopened my paypal account, I recieved a ton of paypal emails most of which were fake.

totaly unrelated...

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ???  buying products online has always had its problems, after useing the cards on several orders and being questioned on my accounts by e-mails or haveing been told the products are on back order i quit useing them. now whatever i order i pay with the old fashioned money order and have not had anymore problems, other than takeing more time for the shipment to arrive. and there are  no more worries of identity theft! 8)
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never dealt with buying something over the net. I get the 800 number off the net maybe then call in my order useing a credit card. I have a hard time doing that. You might call me old-fashioned but I just have a difficult time trusting my money in someone elses hands.

I do think it's a good thing to put some thought into this as the best way cover everyones interest.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman

Have had a paypal account for 7+ years and NEVER had an issue with it.  Processed over 1,000 e-bay transactions and never had a issue. 

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i've also had a paypal account for years... never any issues.  And my wife has one for her business for 3 years and has never had any issues.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I've had no problems with Paypal and have used it on the Fawkinnae site for probably 7 or 8 years. If buyers don't want to use Paypal I have them send me a check.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman

totaly unrelated...

it is ABSOLUTELY related Mopho.
it is the very reason I will not use it.

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman

totaly unrelated...

it is ABSOLUTELY related Mopho.
it is the very reason I will not use it.

I disagree 125%...  All these (99.9%) hackers are from foreign countries, and thus the US laws can not touch what they do at all (I believe).  The folks that are sending the "spam / phishing" e-mails are just using your e-mail that they get from forums and other places where you give a e-mail. 

What I do is sign up for a contest or something like that, I have a dummy Yahoo account, so they can SPAM that one all they want.  In todays work SPAMMING is a business, a business that as of now is legal, till the US does something about it.

PAYPAL does not sell yoru information.   

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
you guys say what you want.
use it if you like, but I for one will not use paypal and I would have to believe there are others who will not also.

nobody is getting the go ahead to take money out of my checking account but me.

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a ? if they are hackers couldn't they somehow get ur e-mail without consent from these place without there consent?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a ? if they are hackers couldn't they somehow get ur e-mail without consent from these place without there consent?

I really didn't mean hackers...  I meant Spammers / Phishers - People who send out a e-mail and see if they CATCH anyone that wants to give up information.  Thus it is called phishing...

Offline Mr Harry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  I will send a check...I know it takes longer but hey I'm not in a hurry..I feel safer