Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Only approved firewood allowed  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
            :campfire:  Only approved firewood allowed on state lands

:police: ..
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources wants to remind visitors that only approved firewood is allowed on lands managed by the DNR, such as state parks, state forests and wildlife management areas. Firewood restrictions will help prevent the introduction or spread of damaging forest pests, including emerald ash borer, gypsy moth and oak wilt.

:coffee: more ......
Firewood that can be used on state-managed lands must be offered for sale by the DNR at that location or:
•Be acquired from a DNR-approved firewood vendor that sells firewood harvested within 50 miles from where burning occurs.
•Be acquired from a DNR-approved firewood vendor certified by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) or the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA-APHIS). There will be a certification shield on the bundle label.
•Be kiln-dried, clean (unpainted and unstained) dimensional lumber free of any metal or foreign substance. Pallet boards are not considered approved firewood because they may contain bark that can harbor forest pests.

There is one exception: Anyone camping on state forest land outside of a designated campground may gather dead wood on the ground for campfire use on site.

"Remember to keep your bundle label, purchase receipt or vendor ticket when purchasing firewood from a DNR-approved firewood vendor," said Susan Burks, the DNR's Forestry Division's invasive species program coordinator. "You many need to show it to DNR staff or camp hosts where you are camping."

The DNR encourages visitors to burn all firewood purchased from a park before leaving or to return unopened bundles for a refund. Leave any leftover firewood purchased outside the park with the camp host or at the campsite for the next camper. It's important that visitors not take firewood home because it could move forest pests to a new location.

For more information, including a list of approved firewood vendors, visit www.mndnr.gov/firewood/index.html or contact the DNR Information Center at info.dnr@state.mn.us, 651-296-6157 or 888-646-6367 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
With the price of bundled firewood at local gas stations you are better off going to Menards and buying warped 2x2's to burn. Remember you save more money at Menards ! :laughroll:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I burn wood unapproved.  They can kiss my  :moon:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I collect 2 x 4's and 4 x 4's and cut them down to size to use.  No way am I going to buy their overpriced crappy quality firewood. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I burn wood unapproved.  They can kiss my  :moon:
same here! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 I had a little laugh last time in to Cub in Willmar.I saw the firewood it was taged from crowwing county If I remember right.Birch wood cut an split.Maybe 2 1/2 8 to 9 inch diameter 16 inch long logs. I didnt even look at the price just laughed an thought theres a 2 hour fire worth of wood. I'd guess that a cord would cost around $800.00 What a racket!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2 hour fire? Hell some of them bundles wouldn't last 29 minutes!!;
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!