Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Predator hunts  (Read 1979 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
This past w/e they had the 10th annual Pope county predator hunt. No dogs allowed. 4 man  teams. Entry fee was $20 with 100% paybacks

I don't believe the county has anything to do with it. Just some farmers a few yrs back when the coyote started being more numerous, put this on.

I was just wondering if there are any other organized hunts like this put on around the state? Well I shouldn't use the word if, it's more like when and where?

I didn't join in on this for the simple reason, I beleive there is too much cheating going on.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Found out today how it went.

I should have joined in it. I think next yr I will but just with a 2 man team.

The 4 guys that won it only had 2 yotes and second was a yote and a red. Oh and I was right about the cheating the team that won got one of them the day b4. All most of them do is drive around with radios anyhow and hope to head them off.

2 guys workin the calls together could have won it easy.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Griz, I like your way of thinking. I always call with two people. One facing into the wind and one watching the back door. If some honest hunters would take part in these predator hunts i would love to enter, and be willing to drive almost any distance in MN to do it. I love to predator hunt almost as much as i love to deer hunt!!! Almost.