Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: E-mail warning  (Read 5550 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I got this e-mail yesterday

The title was Warning Not Virus Scanned

Not knowing who it came from I deleted it or so I thought. Everytime I tried to delete it, not only did that not work but it resent to me again. So now I have this e-mail thats there four times and I can't get rid of it.

Figured I'd give ya heads up and ask if anyone knows anything on how to get rid of it.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
are you using an anti virus program?
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Griz has every one been backing up all of your files?

If they are I can come and fdisk and reformat for yea
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
1. If you have a spam program, I use Mailwasher Free, tag the address as blacklisted and set up a filter to delete the Subject message

2. Run a Malware program like Adaware. (Free)  Go to www.lavasoft.com  for this program

3. Run your Virus program or go to Trend Micro and run the free online virus program called Housecall.

Also Clean out your Temp Internet files. I clean mine out  every week

This should clean up any thing your computer may have

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes I do have an anti virus program

Daveo what do ya mean by backing up all my files?

Iceberg thanks i'll give it a try or maybe I better let someone who knows what they are doing try it. What do ya mean by temp internet files? Kinda stinks can't get rid of it and I don't dare open it.

Anyone else got this E-mail?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Steelman

• Outdoorsman
  • Lac Seul 2000 Sept
What anti-virus are you running and has it been updated recently? Also what e-mail program do you use? Outlook, Outlook Express, etc? It sounds (at first listen) that you have acquired a Trojan that is replicating and sending itself to your address book.
Never try to teach a pig to sing -- it won't work and it annoys the pig. (Robert A Heinlein)
An armed society is a polite society----

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Using outlook express and I'll have to check if the anti virus has been updated or not. Thanks
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I went through with your mom,,,,and you,,,,
To back up all of her word doc's onto a floppy disk and save every thing you dont want to lose.

Witch is something she should do anyhow with all the work in the puter.

Is what your puter realy needs is a fdisk and reformat.
This will pretty much give you a fresh start on the hard drive.

There is allot of stuff on your hard drive that there is no way in heck any software will get rid of all it.

Other wise I can come up and back every thing I will bring a cdrw drive or just a empty hard drive and ghost the drive.

but knowing you ive lost yea alredy,,,,,,so just try to back up moms stuff on a floppy
Shut up and Shoot

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup lost ya with "I went through ?? ??? ??? ???
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Griz.
Open up  My Computer

Do a right click on your C-drive, Click on Properties There you will see a button Disk Clean up Click on that button

On the left side of your screen view check the box for Temp Internet Files and also Temporary Files
Make sure these are the only two box's checked only because I don't know your computer

Then click on OK

This is a safe way to delete things  You willl not delete anything important. Like I said I do this every week on Fridays before I leave work.

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Steelman

• Outdoorsman
  • Lac Seul 2000 Sept
If you are running XP you could check to see if there is a restore point from yesterday or earlier and do a restore.
Never try to teach a pig to sing -- it won't work and it annoys the pig. (Robert A Heinlein)
An armed society is a polite society----

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
that wouldnt get rid of the temp files or the email though...
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
He is running 98se
Shut up and Shoot

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I have norton anti virus and it's set on auto. How often it does this I don't know but it did it tonight. Took half an hr and found 39 threats. It asked to delete one thing it was the e-mail, so maybe everything is good now.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear Griz!  I would do an update of virus definitions...and run a scan again!  Just to be sure!  I used to have Norton, but a good friend of mine told me to ditch it for a free antivirus program...AVG by Grisoft.  I also run Spybot search and destroy for spyware.  Have yet to have a problem with either.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks woody
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Your problem is that it is probably a corrupt message and it is stuck on the server which is why your email program keeps downloading it over and over again.  What you need to do is find out how you can log into your email box through internet explorer and delete the message off the server.  It should be really easy depending on who you get your email from.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
It's gone now everything seems to be good.
~Thomas Jefferson