Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a Conservation Officer:  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
        :police:  Ask a Conservation Officer: :scratch:

Rules for fish caught outside Minnesota

By Matthew S. Miller, Minnesota DNR on Mar 19, 2017

Q: I fish in Canada, Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota. I have saved some fish from each place that I have fished. I label each package with the species, date and where I have caught each fish. We have friends over and have fish as the main course twice a month.

Since I have four separate licenses and the length requirements differ in all the places I fish, am I in violation of Minnesota laws if I have seven walleyes from last year that were taken in other states under their license privileges?

A: Good for you for traveling and fishing that much. The short answer is "no." As long as the fish were legally taken under the regulations of that other state (or Canada) and lawfully transported into Minnesota, an angler is entitled to possess up to the possession limit of fish from that state in which they were licensed. It is important that traveling anglers remember the requirements for packaging and labeling fish brought into Minnesota:

:fishing:

:fish2: :fish2: :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:
« Last Edit: March 03/20/17, 04:10:27 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again