Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just couldn't stay away  (Read 2968 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Being it was such a nice day yesterday, I had an itch to go explore some of my property.  No bows or guns just looking for nothing in particular.  On the way I stopped at several area residents that I had gotten to know over the years.  Had a couple great visits.  One lady complained that all the hunters (several parties use an easement through her property) just drive by and never stop.  The farmer that makes the hay on my field was back there removing the bales.  It's not easy hauling the bales the 2 1/2 miles from the field to the tar road.  During my hike, I found a ladder stand on my brother in laws property.  I knew the neighbors had shot a deer in this area because they drug it out on one of our trails.  I saw where they shot and gutted the deer, both well onto our property.  They would no doubt know it was on our land because it's located 35 yards from a survey marker with flags marking the line.  This is somewhat disappointing because we had allowed them to use one of their existing stands (they hunted here before we purchased the land several years ago) located over 1/4 mile onto our land.  We never said they could put up new stands.  Not sure what to do here.  If they didn't shoot everything that was brown and moving, I wouldn't be that concerned but with them anything goes. I did find another ladder stand not too far from our cabin.  I believe this was left behind by one of the two previous land owners.  I did manage to stalk to with in 40 yards of a deer feeding on a field only to get busted by one between us that I didn't see.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
interesting, its to bad some people believe stuff lime that is ok as long as they dont get caught. id leave a constructiv note on the stand with a ur number to call and discuss thie issue.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree and thats a good idea with the note..  you could just talk the stand too or tear it down but could be bad...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i disagree.................with the note. if you know where he lives go visit. or the very least a phone call. a note.............. doesnt do nothing for me. a verbal or visual conversation they know your not afraid to butt heads so to speak. these conversations dont need to be confrontational but you can explain your boundries and expectations, get theres. heck you may even get to learn to get along with the chump!!!!!!

thats my take. as far as the stand left by previous owners............that stand is now yours!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
i disagree.................with the note. if you know where he lives go visit. or the very least a phone call. a note.............. doesnt do nothing for me. a verbal or visual conversation they know your not afraid to butt heads so to speak. these conversations dont need to be confrontational but you can explain your boundries and expectations, get theres. heck you may even get to learn to get along with the chump!!!!!!

thats my take. as far as the stand left by previous owners............that stand is now yours!!!!!!!!!

:coffee: ... Like Glenn said! :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Lee........maybe you and them night crawler wardens should have that conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley: :oops1: :oops1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Lee........maybe you and them night crawler wardens should have that conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley: :oops1: :oops1:

So! dat's what I get fur tryin to give a guy a complement :doah:  Yer just like dat father dat was blastin Trump after he saved his son  from prison in China :angry2:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cry: :cry: sheez Lee...........i was just trying to give you advice like a good union goon so ya's wouldnt get in trouble in the future!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
A face-to-face chat, started on a friendly "informational" note...

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine had a neighbor put up a stand on his land. The first year he left a note asking for the party to contact him about the location of the stand in question on his property. The following year he found his note tore up laying on the ground. He removed the stand from the tree and left another note. Just before season that year he found another stand in the same tree. Paul took out his chainsaw and cut the tree down. Wouldn't you know it, the tree happen to fall right on top of his guy's stand. Darn. Your land deadeye, your call.

IMO I'd contact the party and give him a chance to move the stand. One chance.
mm

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nothing is quite as simple as you would like it to be. I know the landowner and usually talk to him a couple times a year.  They own a 40 but because the guy who owned the surrounding 120 didn't care who hunted it, they had access to 160 acres.  Their party was quite large for the land - 12 or more.  Several years ago the guy who owned the 120 offered it for sale.  Either they couldn't come up with the $$ or on how to own it but in the end we bought the land which left them with the 40.  They reduced their party to 8 or so.  Of course you can imagine 8 people on a 40!  We don't have that many on 20 times as much land.  It is somewhat difficult (and I feel guilty) to kick them off of land that we never hunt.  If they didn't shoot everything they saw, it would be harder to ask them to move it.  I plan to bring it up the next time I run into him. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I can agree with that and I don't think that would be too much to ask of them. By the way, those are some nice bucks you guys got this year.
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe if you don't hunt that land you could lease it to them. Even though you may feel guilty, don't let them take advantage of you. A conversation is definitely in order though before you start finding more stands. I would also tell them if they are hunting your land to follow your rules on the deer they take. Good luck.
Hey look your bobber is up!