Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Do you keep a list?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I was sitting out in my fur shed, watching the rain come down and smoking my pipe when I had a thought. What if I had to make a list of ALL my hunting, fishing, trapping and camping gear. I mean everything. From firearms to that pack of lead sinkers and hooks.
      Do you keep pretty detailed records of what you have?
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I don't keep a list but back in the day I took pictures of all my valuable stuff. I still have them in a fire proof safe, but seems the days of taking pictures with an actual camera and sending the film in for development is a thing of the past  :confused: so I have not done it lately.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I thought of a " digital record" but, being as technologically impaired as I am, it wouldn't work.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
      I thought of a " digital record" but, being as technologically impaired as I am, it wouldn't work.
:pouty: yea same here!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I opened the doors to one of the cabinets in my shed. I found 3 minnow buckets, worm keepers, fish baskets, minnow traps, leach traps, leach buckets and a cricket keeper. I had forgotten about that stuff.
Old reels, tackle boxes and a bag with 4 spinner baits, still in the package.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Why would you want your wife to have that kind of evidence? Are you crazy!  :crazy:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too much work to make the list.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why would you want your wife to have that kind of evidence? Are you crazy!  :crazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nuttin wrong with the evidence.......just dont write down what you actually paid for the stuff  :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was still married to my ex I bought my first power auger and paid half cash and half check so she didn't know really how much I spent.  Then a few years later I upgraded to my Jiggy Legend.  She saw it and said I didn't think "our" auger looked like that.  I said oh ya we've had it for a long time.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was still married to my ex I bought my first power auger and paid half cash and half check so she didn't know really how much I spent.  Then a few years later I upgraded to my Jiggy Legend.  She saw it and said I didn't think "our" auger looked like that.  I said oh ya we've had it for a long time.  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you sly dogg you LPS!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck, my wife actually bought me a new ipn alpha this spring. Can't beat that.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Not a problem if my wife knows. About 3 years ago, we were sitting down, drinking coffee, when my wife said " You know, you haven't bought a gun in a long time." We went shopping.

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I get the same story from my wife every time I tell her I plan to buy some more land. She always says "you don't need any more land". To which I reply "you are absolutely right, I don't NEED any more land". Then she says, how much is it going to cost at which time I know it's a go.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nuttin wrong with the evidence.......just dont write down what you actually paid for the stuff  :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was at a garage sale and the lady was selling some of her husband's stuff.  I got a really nice big buddy heater for 10 bucks.  Almost new.  She said he has 2 and this one he didn't use.  She said he only paid 20 bucks for. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just take a video of your stuff, get the neighbor kid or a grandkid to download the video to your computer then copy that to a memory stick and toss it in the safe. You now have something to look at should you need it for insurance purposes.

You old retired guys have the time.    :laugh:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093