Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pheasant 2023  (Read 4006 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well gents it starts tomorrow.   I've got HD down again ready to stomp down some grass tomorrow morning in search of some roosters.   Have fun everyone.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck fellers!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice pic.  That is your finger at the bottom isn't it???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well we saw 20 plus birds today.   Ended up with one.   Headed over to the local watering hole after that for the meat raffle and horses. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Today was a bit better with being in the right position at the right time.   We saw a bunch of birds again.  The dogs were tired at the end.   Best part was spending time with my good buddy HD. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
great looking birds!!!   the one on the right looks almost like it's alive sitting there..   :happy1:

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That’s AWESOME!  Pheasant used to be my favorite game to hunt wish I could get out more but fall seems to fly by.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Went to hunt pheasants with my son in law in ND. 4 of us limited yesterday with 12. Got 3 more before we had to leave this morning. Had 2 chocolate labs to help us out.    :happy1: :happy1:

« Last Edit: October 10/15/23, 07:01:16 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats General & Ken! One of ND best kept secrets. Hunted once way back around the Strasberg & Ellendale area. Couldn't believe the number of birds and amount of habitat there. Think we were late getting to my buddy's wedding as a result.  :doah:

Lots of gunfire around the area locally but not sure how successful people were. Not the easiest area to hunt as the tracts of habitat tend to be smaller in nature with large areas of cropland in between. You get one chance when they get up and if you miss, unlikely you'll get another one unless you have permission to hunt where they sailed off to. Still a lot of corn to come off yet as folks edge towards halfway done. I know they didn't get 'em all. Was a big rooster standing on a field approach as I was on my way into town this morning.
« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 10:48:30 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Still can't get my Pics right side up.   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
edit them and make one side come in a little

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Shrink em!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A couple things: Getting pics to show up as they were taken rather than topsy-turvy usually is a function of the size. Used to be somewhere on this site there were photo guidelines asking that pics be 2 mb or less in size. Looks like the one you posted Ken was about 5.2 mb.  Now, I tried to pull it back into my computer and change the size which I can do to a point by cropping. However, I used to be able to shrink them to the proper size without cropping. Since I changed over to Windows 11 (what a worthless POS so far) the easy photo reducing/editing feature disappeared. Until I can figure what they did with that, no help there or for anyone else trying to shrink them. I finally figured out just prior to switching to Windows 11 how to shrink them on my phone 1st before I post or send them to my computer. Once you figure out which icon it is, it's very easy on an Android. The trick is you're apparently supposed to be born knowing what these icons mean or have nothing but free time on your hands to figure them out via trial and error. :rolleyes: Tried pulling Ken's pic into my phone where I could edit it there. It downloaded it but where it put it is a mystery at this point. It's not in the gallery where the rest of my photos are.  As far as I Phones, I know just enough to be damn good and dangerous.

Speaking of way too much free time on my hands above, I gotta get a column written tonite. Likely be out of the loop until tomorrow but if anyone else can help Ken feel free to chime in.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and now you know why I don't try to learn how to post pic's!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and now you know why I don't try to learn how to post pic's!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:confused: :confused: lame excuse bucko  :rotflmao: iffin I can do it anyone can  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't find where to shrink the photo. Interesting in that if I click on the photo, it comes up right???

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
OK, found it on my phone. Saved it to yesterday's photos, apparently because the time stamp said October 15th. Shrunk it down to a couple hundred kb. Let's see what it does...🤔

It does lose some definition in the background, such as the siding on the house. Otherwise, at least it starts out right side up. Lemme see what leaving it at ~ 1 mb does....

« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 09:59:19 PM by Dotch »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There. Looks a lot sharper in the background on the house siding especially when enlarged. Is it right side up? Survey says...yep!  :happy1:

« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 10:06:22 PM by Dotch »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to my daughter's house in Minot for Thanksgiving. Hunted roosters with my son in law and his family. Limited both days with 28. Cold and windy. I was on post and they went by me like a "Bat out of H*ll."

« Last Edit: November 11/26/23, 08:03:00 PM by KEN W »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like a great time Ken.  :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Well done.  Not sure if it is better to be the poster or the driver in those temps, but it worked out for everyone.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for you all!!   :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
We had to walk cattails with the west wind since they were laying in that direction. Tough walking going against that. But that meant posters were facing that 20-30 mph wind. Really cold on the face. Hard to tell roosters from hens till they were right on us. The young guys with the dogs in front got the best shots.

All in all we had a great time. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!