Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Food Plot Time  (Read 2173 times)

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
A little later then I wanted to get it in but with a new baby, sister getting married (two separate weekends  :bandana: ) and then walleye fishing, I realize it's now JUNE!!!!

Seed - Done
Tiller - Done
Time to Head Up - Anyone have a few more hours to give me? 

We have 6 acres of food plot to plant one of the next two weekends. We are planting 3 acres of Wildlife Blend and 3 acres of Clover.

Are we too late?
If we test the soil (Grand Rapids) and see it's too acidic, can we treat it with lime and plant the seed at the same time, or do we have to wait?
Any other helpful hints for a couple rookies?

Cold Weather Blend to go in late August time frame!!!

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No i dont think you are too late at all, I just planted 3 1/2 acres of wildlife blend, annual blend, and i even planted a small cold weather blend. The cold weather blend was mixed with chicory. On one of our new plots we planted half in the wildlife blend and have with corn because the ground was virgin. well after the seed was in the gound for only a week with a little rain and alot of sun everything was coming up except the corn, but that usually would take a little longer anayways. If the weather stays the same it should be a perfect weekend to plant. good luck with your plots and post some pics with your results.

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Updated the food plots in the member food plot post
http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=5069.0