Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: GUN CLUBS  (Read 1815 times)

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
How about a list of gun clubs  and information  on them  like phone numbers and the sort.  I live south of the river and have only been in the great state of MINNESOTA for almost two years. I would love to find a good gun club to join .  Thank you for any help
member  # 569

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Alexandria park                      320-763-5315

Beaver Brook                           763-434-4514

Buffalo gun club                        763-682-3857

de-Tone gun club,,,St Cloud     320-251-9873

Forest lake                                32-679-0618,,,,must be another  to

Glen wood                               320-634-5646

Metro gun club                         763-786-5880

minneaplis gun club                952-469-4386

Monticello                                763-271-8727

Owatonna                               507-451-4498

Proctor                                     218-727-5300

South St Paul rod & gun club   561-455-7249

Hope this helps a little
Shut up and Shoot

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
  Thank you  very much Daveo 
member  # 569

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Do any of you guys shoot sporting clays?  I noticed Dave-O listed ranges that are mostly Trap/Skeet ranges....nothing wrong with that, but if you guys want to really become better wingshooters, ya gots to go check out a walk around type sporting clays course!  5-Stand is pretty cool also, being you get to work on a varity of different angles and shots, but the walk-around type of course is sooo much more testing on ones shooting skills....and seriously, ten times as fun!  I usually practice up at Metro in Blaine, those people there are awsome, and very close to home,  but I've shot on a sporting clays league up near Big Lake for 7 years now, and I also shoot some tourney's around the state.  I shoot at Wild Marsh, a great place, a few others I like are Vermillion Trail, up on the range, north of Duluth,  Caribou gun club near LeSeur, Rice Creek near Little Falls(where the state champ. clays shoot is this year).  Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club near Prior Lake, which is the original Sporting clays range in the nation I believe.  There are many others, and its gettin more and more popular, I think some guys think sporting clays is kind of uppity or snooty, but that aint the case, ya see those types on the trap ranges at least as much.  Ya see tons of guys shootin their cammo'ed 870's wearing their blaze vest's! It's allgood!  Ya walk around through the woods, and you come upon different "stations" each with a completely different presentation... it could be long range incomers, like waterfowling shots, a fast bouncing rabbit type shot or a couple quick ones thru trees like grouse....  Ya gotta give it a try, I know I'm hooked on it & have tossed my golf clubs away since i took it up....It's a BLAST!!! ::rockon::           -thunderpout 8)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Another good thing about sporting clays is when shooting a course for fun and/or league rounds, at alot of the ranges, you're pulling your own targets.  Wild Marsh and Rice Creek are fully automated so its perfect for teaching your kids, and a much more easy goin atmosphere to learn wingshooting/clay bustin without people always watching you and breathing down your neck......and there's no trapper to tip! ;)            -thunderpout 8)