Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LOW opener 2007 report  (Read 2487 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
WOW another great opener was had at Lake of the Woods! The weather was great and the fish were definitely biting. It looks like the beginning of a very promising summer season. Anglers saw great numbers of walleye in Four Mile Bay and the Lighthouse Gap. The hot spot for finding the big fish was around the Zippel Bay area in 8-12 feet of water, using minnows, leeches, or crawlers. Some anglers moved out to 14-18 feet of water, using a pink ? ounce jig, and found themselves some nice eating size walleye.  The Rainy River also produced some nice walleye and northern over the weekend. Clementson Rapids and the Silver Creek area produced some nice fish, and I saw plenty of boat in the Baudette Bay over the weekend as well. The water level is low but you are still able to launch your boat at any of the public accesses.  The Northwest Angle and Islands also had a fantastic opener. The hot spot was around Oak Island in 14-17 feet of water, with orange spinners being very popular, but white or gold jigs also worked well. Reports included a lot of 28-30 inch walleye, along with some nice ?smallies? perfect for a shore lunch.  The weather looks great for the upcoming week, mostly 60?s and 70?s with the possibility of some much needed rain on the weekend. The summer walleye season is off and running, don?t miss your chance to experience fabulous Lake of the Woods.

LAKE OF THE WOODS - Area Tourism Bureau, Denelle Hovde , near Junction of Hwy 11 and Hwy 172 in Baudette, www.lakeofthewoodsmn.com (1-800-382-FISH)
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy