Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Your Best Fishing Day/Memory?  (Read 2166 times)

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Describe your best day or memory of a day fishing.  It could be about a buddy and have nothing to do with the actual fishing, the first time you took the kid out, carp fishing, etc.  Just a recollection if a great time on the water (or from shore).  We all have a favorite.  Share!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
May have told this story before.....

It was Memorial weekend 2005 and I was up at Mille Lacs with my gf Rachel. We had just gotten on the water at about 2:30 and were headed to Isle bay to do some Northern fishing. On the way down I stopped at some rocks I have caught fish on before and through in a couple bobbers with leeches. We just did this so we could get our other lines rigged for Northerns. It wasn't 2 minutes and my bobber started to go down. I don;t know about you but seeing that bobber going down is the best feeling!!! Sure enough it was a walleye! We ended up slaying them. After we through back a bunch and had 8 in the boat we went to shore and had a fish fry. That evening same spot we did it again! Wish I had more time to get into details but I gotta run. What a weekend that was!!!! One of the best ever. We caught so many walleyes!

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
it was  30 or so years ago . i went with my late gram pa  to his fishing club  in a remote part of Kansas . i remember him trying to teach us kids the proper way to fish . well anyhow  we all ended up catching fish  . i guess the thing that mad that a great day is seeing my grandpa smile and hear him laugh . you see  with my grandpa , he never ever  smiled  or laughed so i remember that day as a cherished memory of him  !! 
member  # 569

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Opening Fishing Weekend 2002.  It wasn't a very great opener for us that year.  The weather was awful, it practically rained the whole weekend.  We still gave it our "all" though, we fished and fished, and my husband and I looked like wet rats the whole weekend long.  We fished Mille Lacs at night and some smaller lakes during the day.  Finally on Sunday night, right around dinner time we packed up and got ready to go home, and to go pick up the kids at my in-laws.  Right as we were driving around Mille Lacs in Garrison, (right by the big fish) the sun came out of the clouds, and we hadn't seen it all weekend.  It just made everything brighton up, the wind had died down, the lakes were calm, so I said to my husband "God, I really wish we could stay one more night...it would be so great to go out fishing right now."  Well needless to say, he pulled over into the Blue Goose parking lot, hands me his cell phone and says, "call my mom."  So I did, and she said "yes, she would watch the kids for one more night!" And we were thrilled!!  We turned around, didn't even go back to the cabin, and went right out to one of our favorite little lakes.  About 10 minutes later we were trollin' with Rapalas, and having a great time.  About 5 minutes after that, I had a "Fish On".  It ended up being the biggest Walleye I ever caught in my life, a 29 1/4" Walleye, which is now hanging on our wall, with an engraved sign on it from my husband that says "Happy Mothers Day 2002"!  Hey, did I forget to mention it was Mothers Day, hhmmmm....what a day. 

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Great stories everyone...thanks for sharing. I hope to create my most memorable fishing story this summer with my son.  ;)
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
my best one is when i took my son when he was about 3 yrs old to a trout farm and he caught his first fish that day ....... the look on his face was priceless and he then said to me " Daddy I want to do this all the time" it made me proud that I planted the fishing seed into him that day

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I'll never forget the time my Grandma took me to a catfish farm somewhere around Memphis TN.  I was 5 or 6 at the time and getting bored.  I found a frog and showed it to her like it was a prize.  She said "Oh good."  Then she took that sucker and diced him up 7 ways from Sunday before I could blink a teary eye.   :death2:   ::violin:;  She kinda chuckled and said "Ya wanna catch feesh donchya?"  I sadly nodded and boy did we ever catch em.  She let me "help" every time a fish was on and gave me all the credit; all I did was reel em in.  ::fishing::  My boat is getting named after her -- the Ginny Mae.  I got tons of other great memories but that was my beginning and I laugh every time I think of it.
Grute Man
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
GruteMan, I absolutely loved your story!  Thanks for sharing! ::fishing::
Renee aka GirlGuide